Is it actually possible to earn a living online?

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by gktime, Sep 26, 2014.

1. gktime

gktime
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have tried pretty much every money making website out there besides trying to monetize my own website and I have little success. I can earn maybe $100 or $200 a month from doing things like freelance writing, but I have found in my years of trying that it is really rare to earn a living online. You have to know the right people/websites and have to take a long time to build a reputation first, I believe. Does anyone think I'm wrong- are you earning a living online? If so, how?

2. Jybrael

Jybrael
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Depends on what you want to do online actually Gktime. I am pretty sure if you look in the right place you will find out that you can actually make money online. How about trying to teach English online? There are plenty of Chinese, Japanese and Korean students that are looking to learn English from an online tutor and most of those jobs pay about 10 to 15 dollars per hour. Secondly you can try to monetize your own website.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. georgestanley032

georgestanley032
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me it is. If one has the effort and will to be able to earn just as much as any other jobs out there, then anything might be possible. It's true that making money online is difficult but if you have the required skills and continue to improve on it, there's no doubt you can make it happen.

4. sameera

sameera
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    You are right that it's quite difficult to find good websites and money making businesses online. But there are many trusted websites online like Travelerrr that are trusted and providing good online solution to those who are interested in money making business online. It provides an automated travel portal online in few dollars and you can earn upto $400 per day. It also lets you earn money online in different ways including:-
    -> earn money in the form of commission
    -> earn money on pay per click and pay per booking basis.
    -> no technical skills and less experience is required to run this business
    Overall, it looks like a completed package for those who wish to have their online presence in limited budget.

• Like Like x 1
  5. utpalakash

utpalakash
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me it is. If one has the effort and will to be able to earn just as much as any other jobs out there, then anything might be possible..

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. sanamgupta

sanamgupta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are a lot of ways for you to earn money online, ranging from web development, programming, affiliate marketing, etc. And the great thing about this is you can learn all this online too. Facebook is also one way to start your own business. But before starting, know what your going to sell first, is it a product or a service. Then you could start establishing your biz online.

#6 sanamgupta, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014
  7. Ward Weaver

Ward Weaver
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, it is possible to make good income from online world, but always remember two things. Firstly we have to select a business that we can rely on and won't go scam. The other part is completely dependent on our ability which is to hard work and determination. I have seen too many newbies wanting everything, but the moment they hear about learning they feel sleepy. I do Forex trading, as it is a legitimate business which i can rely upon, but here also we must be careful with broker selection, as it is important to work only with a regulated (licensed) company. I trade with OctaFX, it is a regulated company, so i always feel safe with my investments.

8. atlantisrocks

atlantisrocks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Monetizing your site may not be enough.

Your success depends on the type of visitors you attract.

If your site is optimized for buying keywords, then people coming to your site will have their credit cards in hand, ready to buy.

But, if your site provides information and lacks buying keywords, then your site will attract lookers rather than buyers.

9. Milo Odin

Milo Odin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do not depend on one source I do alot of things like I've 7 different blogs on different niches I know some graphics work so I earn good amount from fiverr too.

10. mauricecowell

mauricecowell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, but earning online is actually a lot harder than what others might think. Many people fail to realize the extra effort and the continuous improvement of skills needed in the kind of work one does online. The competition is pretty huge too.

11. Jybrael

Jybrael
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes it is possible to make an earning online but compared to regular jobs that you can do it becomes quite difficult. If you still want to give it a try you can do freelance work on websites like Odesk or Elance...or you can try affiliate marketing and social media marketing...

12. inTech

inTech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, it is possible to feed yourself from earning online. However, like you said, it require you to build up your reputation first. I have been freelancing for a few years now and I only mange to earn around four dollars per week. I hope as my reputation increase my 'salary' would increase too.

13. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes definitely possible. I left my day job around 2 years back and since then I'm earning online. Its not easy trust me. Its really tough to find potential clients. Mine being a logo designing business, Its a challenge to reach to my potential clients. I also earn via promoting hosting affiliate program and blogging.

14. kitchie

kitchie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Online job for me is just a support.. I still need to work apart from my online job.. But I can say that it is helping me pay my monthly bills..

15. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try to build up your online income while working. You will get there someday. The joy of working from home cannot be expressed.

I am my own boss, I can do whatever I like.

I'm now earning good from my blog, graphic design business and ofcourse promoting an awesome hosting affiliate.

Here is a screenshot of my affiliate commissions.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. fleagle

fleagle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are right about it being tough to make a living online. You can do it if you stay persistent find the right mentor that has a proven method and strategy. It has been my experience that outsourcing all my SEO hosting and customer service works best. Leaves time for me to concentrate on Social marketing I was lucky enough to find a good mentor and that is not always easy.

17. tk-hassan

tk-hassan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is more than possible to earn online and live a great life though these earnings. Internet is a vast world and there are plenty of opportunities for virtually anyone to earn reasonable amount of money. There are plenty of things one can do, blogging, affiliated marketing, freelancing are some of the top ways to earn online.

18. Johnathanswety

Johnathanswety
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Making money it’s not easy as we are thinking but it is not difficult as well. Here the thing is to choose the right way and according to me Content writing might be the right resource for making money online. One of the respective words which has been used normally in each and every field i.e. evergreen here content is exactly what.

19. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Everygreen content is imporant, I agree but you need to write niche articles (highly targeted) related to the product or service that you are promoting. It works for me.

20. melisalissa05

melisalissa05
    uix_expand uix_collapse

God bless you for this honest and sincere write-up. please what does it take to learn how to develop and host a website. I mean the necessary applications needed and other useful information