Is it a good idea to have someone else do all the market testing, etc for your busine

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by fstep, Sep 18, 2012.

1. fstep

fstep
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Long story short i've been thinking of purchasing a business for a while. My initial idea was to get an established website on ebay, flippa or a similar service but then i got thinking that i wouldn't know what to do with it once i have it (my background is in insurance). So would it make sense to hire professionals to get my business to a point where all i really need to do is advertise it? Once interesting thing i found is startupmanufacturer.com they seem to do all 3, provide an established company, teach you everything, and setup the marketing, etc. Just wanna get some input on which direction to go? My mind is set that i want to take the entrepreneurial route in life but i don't have the time or money to go back to school so...

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Since you're not into yet then why not gradually learn things? or simply stay in your comfort zone and choose an insurance website where you're good at, I think it will be easier for you.

3. fstep

fstep
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I hate insurance lol so would like to get out of that and time is an issue, i mean i don't have 10 years to learn and i feel someone who's been in the business their whole life could do more than i can.

4. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hire professional is one of the best option to analyse a business, but getting the services could spend lot of money. If the business is cost for few hundred millions, it is wisely to spend 1 million for professional services.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Is there any aspect of the insurance industry that you like? Perhaps you can find something within the industry that you enjoy and then build a niche business based on that. Or maybe there is a product or service that you could provide to the insurance industry. E.g. if you had online marketing skills, you could provide online marketing services to the insurance industry. That way you can work in an industry you know, use the knowledge and experience you have gained over the years and still do something you enjoy.

I'm not sure that any business ever gets to that level. All businesses need to innovate and develop in order to survive and stay ahead of their competition.

6. fstep

fstep
    uix_expand uix_collapse

no i really hate all aspects of insurance and all i did in the industry is sales so i don't know much about online marketing that's why i was thinking of hiring a company like that to give me the right start and teach me what i need to know.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

fstep do you have any ideas as to the type of business you would actually like to start?

8. luzcam

luzcam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I second what Fergal is asking it depends on the kind of business you are starting.