Is investing on exact match domains a good Idea

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by billythronton467, Jul 13, 2015.

1. billythronton467

billythronton467
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Recently I found a website named listverse.info on an auction site. When researched found its exact match name receives more than a million visits. Have a plan to buy this domain between a cost of $4000 to $5000. Want to know if this domain worth the amount, also want some suggestions on exact match domains.

thanks in advance for your replies

2. tsubibo

tsubibo
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Isn't that too much money for a .info site? Find some more options. There are some sites that will sell some domains for a lot cheaper.

3. billythronton467

billythronton467
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks Tusbibo, ,If I have an option to purchase the site at a lower price, What can be a ideal price for it, do you have any idea ?

4. Stef

Stef
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For this instance "exact match domains" don't matter. So if you go to the website you see it's just a simple wordpress website with articles about all kinds of stuff. If you can make the same website (and I would recommend using some auto poster and a article spinner) and then post about 5 posts per month about products from Clickbank or JVZoo, then you would earn pretty much.

Let's calculate it:
    1,000,000 visitors x 0.1% conversion = 10,000 sales
    10,000 sales x ~$15 commission = $150,000 which you'll make in sales.

Maybe tsubibo has another opinion about this? I would love to hear it then!

- Stef

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Like Stef, I agree that "exact match domains" don't matter. What brings in the visitors is the content of the site. Based on that, I would not just buy the domain for $5000, but would look into buying the entire site. However, I would not recommend using an article spinner or auto poster. If your visitors find generic auto-generated articles and articles that they can find anywhere(with just a word changed here and there), they will quickly go somewhere else, or will just stop coming to your site.

6. Stef

Stef
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Joeroxx, you are partly right about that. But you're not quite right in my opinion. The visitor who come to your website and they know such a thing exists, then they'll probably notice and maybe leave. But there are thousands of people on the internet who don't know anything about these tricks and they will just consider it as normal.
    Also, the article spinners are getting better by the day now. The output of the article spinners are still pretty good quality, so mostly the people who do know of the existance of the tool won't even notice it. :)

- Stef

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Your point seems to be "People don't know we're doing anything wrong, so we should be able to get away with it". Sorry, but I don't agree. When "getting better" means these tools are now better able to hide what they are doing, I don't consider that an improvement. As ethical businesspeople, we should not be allowing this behavior to continue, we should be revealing these "tricks"(your word) to the people who are not aware of them.

8. Stef

Stef
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually that trick is just a simple tool to save time. And when you save more time you can do what you do best, and that is doing business. And not writing articles all day long. I think these shortcuts are opportunities. As long as your visitors read what they expected to read before they visited your website, then it's all fine by me.
    Now I am not saying I use it myself at the moment, but maybe in the future for specific niches it is a pretty handy tool.

But hey, I respect your opinion. I don't bother using it, but if you do bother by using it, then just write your articles yourself and lose a lot of time. ;) (just kidding man)

9. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Anyone who is experienced in internet marketing knows that .info sites are notoriously associated with spam. I would think you are completely insane if you purchased a .info domain for any substantial amount of money. I think it is an exceptionally bad gamble and an absolutely horrible investment. Don't do it man.

10. Onionman

Onionman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That does look like a fairly hefty premium for a".info" site to put it mildly. I would steer well clear of that one. My approach has been very vanilla in the past with domain buying, targeting the ".com" and ".org". Good luck if you do end up trying to monetize that one.

• Agree Agree x 1