Is Google trying to corner the market

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by demonwebz, Oct 5, 2016.

1. demonwebz

demonwebz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What do your guys think that is google trying to corner the market by releasing so much updates? Which is leading to tremendous fluctuations in the SERP's. I hear a lot of webmasters who are doing white hat SEO but still getting no where. Is google trying force everyone to use Google Adwords?

2. Magento_oCodewire

Magento_oCodewire
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think it is true, but Google Adwords provide the better functionality to the customers. Google Adwords tool helps the customer to choose the best keyword with low competition. :p

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Google's purpose has always been to give searchers the best possible answer to their query, or the best place for the searcher to find what they are looking for. Major Updates, such as Penguin and Panda, were designed to keep out those who try to manipulate the rankings to get their website(s) highly ranked, rather than improving the website and the user experience. In between Google is constantly making adjustments and tweaks to make the SERPs better.
    It's no longer enough to just "do white hat SEO". Because there can only be ten companies on page 1, you have to "do white hat SEO" better than your competitors. For most small businesses, it is better to go after high traffic, low competition keywords, but even those are going to have some competition, and you have to be better than they are to get where you need to be.
    SEO is not, and has never been, an easy way to market a website, nor should it be. Those who deserve to be at the top of the rankings need to be willing to do the work needed to get there. There are no "overnight" successes in SEO, no matter what others may try to tell you. My boss likes to say SEO is a marathon, not a sprint. It will take a while to get where you need to be, which increases the value of what you have done - and that means you will be more willing to do what it takes to stay once you get there.

4. hrishivardhan

hrishivardhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As per my thought google actually is wanting to kill the market of the organic results. and wants marketers to focus on the paid markets.

As you can see after the update of the 4 search text ads even first rank organic results can be found on the fifth place. so CTR of the organic results are going to be very low. So basically he wants to kill the SEO market and wants people to transfer in the SEM.

5. Dewlance

Dewlance
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google only give chance to big company who spend lot of money and have a thousands of content which is expensive for small business owner. Google is kicking small business.

6. Nathani

Nathani
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Google Adwords is only one part of the project of Google.
    Reasons Google continuity updates with the aim of raising the quality of the search engine, quality content articles for the user community.

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

After most of the updates, some people would claim that "SEO is dead". They haven't done it this time - yet - but this appears to be a variation of the same idea. Google wants to kill SEO so they can get everybody to pay for ads. It is true that Google makes over 90% of it's money from ads, but that allows them to provide the free listings. There are tons of examples of the same idea, including television, and now streaming services.

• Like Like x 1
  8. hrishivardhan

hrishivardhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am not telling SEO is dead but As per current update you can see that they are much of trying to blend ads with the actual Organic results by increasing their character limit and Change the color of the ADS sign to green which actually blends with the URL.

9. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Joseph that Google has to be more accurate for its search queries so updates are not bad in a general case.