Is Google SEO just only anchor text link?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by FIBC, May 14, 2014.

1. FIBC

FIBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Many people said google SEO, most of tips are backlinks, and the best way is anchortext links, the platform of backlinks including the forums, blogging,
    social medias,etc., now Google has changed into Hummingbird, the backlinks(anchor text links) are still important?

Does anyone know the tips except for the anchor text link?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Backlinks are the foundation of Google's algorithm, even after Hummingbird. However, those links should either be, or look, natural, so there should be a variety of link types as well as link sources. These links an include "click here" type links and links that actually are the URL of your website. Some of the members have recommended forum posts and blog comments, but these are no longer considered as valuable as they once were. Even guest posting has now fallen out of favor, due to overuse by spammers. Some link sources include blog posts, especially from blogs owned by someone other than the website owner, written by the blog owner (as opposed to guest posts written by the website owner), and articles on networking sites (not article submission sites). Social media has become a place to communicate with potential visitors, resulting in earning links in addition to creating them.

3. Johnpa012

Johnpa012
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have heard wrong. It's nothing like anchor text is important or not. An anchor text will work like a direct link. Direct links also make strong back links.

4. FIBC

FIBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks a lot for your replies, but still have several questions:

Dear joeroxx, you said this" Some link sources include blog posts, especially from blogs owned by someone other than the website owner, written by the blog owner", did this mean the blog with independent domain name? And how can I get this kind of link source?

Dear Johnpa012, if only direct link, how can I improve the ranking of key words of my website?

5. touqeer

touqeer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The tips about the link building are
    1 Do not use the paid links
    2 Do not go to the link exchange
    3 Check the quality of the website first and then submit the links.
    4 Do not over optimize the anchor text
    5 If you submit the link on the relevant website this is also good for you but it is not true that all the links are coming from the relevant websites.
    I think you can mix the relevant and irrelevant websites for submission of links.

6. ActionEstore

ActionEstore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In recent days we have seen that there is lot of change regarding the correct Anchor text link for your website promotion, so whenever you are using text for Anchor make sure that it would be associated with brand related to you website.

There are two type of Anchor link Text- "Brand" & "Money"

Always make your Anchor text with Brand keywords rather then Money keywords

7. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From my practical experience I can say that not only the anchor text but the diversification of links will make a significant difference. Like naked URL, mini URL, targeted anchor text, generic words as anchor text.

8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This is where "earning" links comes in. By participating in social media and networking sites, you will build a group of followers. Some of these followers may link to your website on their own. After you've been communicating with them for awhile, you can visit their websites and blogs to see if their blog would be a good fit. Remember, they don't have to be related to your business, only the link has to be relevant to your business, and including it in a blog post has to make sense and sound natural. If you find some that would fit, you can ask them to include a link to your website in a blog post.

9. FIBC

FIBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Many thanks for all the above replies, generally speaking, the off page SEO is backlinks, right?

The following kind of backlinks, good or bad?

View attachment 2087

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

The above image is of a paid link, checked with the backlink tool: http://backlinkwatch.com/, I found many websites used paid links, especially which ranks in the first page of Google.

10. George Freeman

George Freeman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is not anchored backlink, so it is safe link.

11. FIBC

FIBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry but this is an anchor text named by company name.

#11 FIBC, May 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2014
  12. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

At one time, "off-page SEO" and "backlinks" meant basically the same thing, and backlinks are still a major part of off-page SEO. However, with the growing popularity of video and social networking, these are also part of off-page SEO. Before, all you had to do was get a lot of backlinks for your site. Now, after several changes to Google's algorithm, engaging your audience and interacting with potential visitors is also part of SEO.

George, I'd like to know why being or not being an anchor text link would make a difference on whether or not FIBC's link is safe or not. I'm sure other members would as well.

13. hunteryz

hunteryz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

70%, You need to mix Nuke Domain, do not use same anchor text, mix with long tail or relatives one

14. George Freeman

George Freeman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Our studies shown, that using anchor links can be dangerous. Telling "dangerous" i mean that you have a risk of catching a penalty. Especially if we are talking about young domain. Search engine can identify a large number of anchor links like a spam. That's why everybody don't use much links for young site. But we can rise the number of links using not anchored backlinks, that is less "spamed" for google algorithm. And that is a fact. Images-links and links with simple anchors like "here" "follow the link" are counted like non-anchored. So, if we would mix non-anchored text and achored one, we will have the best result we can. Additionally we can rise the amount of links for the young site without any fear to catch a penalty. Because non-anchored links are much more safe if we are talking about Google spam algorithm.

15. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

FIBC asked about a specific link, and in your post quoted above, you said " if we would mix non-anchored text and anchored one, we will have the best result we can". I agree that the type of links should be mixed, and I understand why. But in your reply to FIBC's question you said that this specific link was safe because it was not anchored, and s/he then corrected you and said it was anchor text, using the company name. So, if s/he is using a mix of anchor text links and non-anchored text links, why is this specific link not safe?

16. FIBC

FIBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

17. FIBC

FIBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fortunately this tool also provides the dofollow and nofollow backlinks for users, for my site is this:
    View attachment 2092

18. ActionEstore

ActionEstore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all SEO ins't dead ... and Backlinks always be the most important thing to build for website promotion.

Tips for building natural Backlinks

1) Never buy Paid links.
    2) Create backlinks with article, blogs & bookmarking.
    3) Your anchor text links must be with Brand keywords.
    4) Before submitting your website... Please be sure that that website should have manual consideration.
    5) Do not overuse directory submission for building backlinks.

I hope this will help you... Good luck with your promotion.. :)