Is Google PR dead?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by newbee, Mar 31, 2016.

1. newbee

newbee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The data flowing into the Google tool bar has not been updated since 2013. Does it mean Google stopped PR?

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Google stopped updating Toolbar PR a long time ago. They still use PageRank as part of their ranking algorithm but you will never know what this is.

In any case, Toolbar PR was a bit of pixiedust, it meant nothing as it wasn't related to your ranking or even the relevance of a page to the search enquiry. It's also worth noting that using the Google toolbar skews your SERPs, you will see a personalised results page based on the data Google collects from the toolbar. You are better off not using it at all.

3. w3web

w3web
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To fisicx,
    Can we rely on Alexa to compare our page rank, though it is not the official rank provider but where can we cross compare our performance. Obviously we can do it by placing the query in Google search engine but to compare with our competitors which is the best available tool other than Alexa.

4. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Alexa isn't any good either. Your PageRank is a secret only known by Google, everything else is guesswork.

I wouldn't worry about any grading, focus on delivering a great experience to your visitors as this will bring in new business. Everything else is tinkering round the edges.

5. w3web

w3web
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Core aim of any business is to get into top page of SERP, almost every business started to give great user experience to its users, so in this competitive era, promoting the business is the most troubling issue for many businesses. I agree that PR is officially stopped by Google but we need to compare our stand with respect to our competitors to grow better. To effectively promote my site, i will go through all the options, i.e. Google PR, other tools PR also i will participate in all the activities that involves in promoting my business. Or else we cannot survive long in the industry.

6. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

I agree that you need to promote your site but you don't need to worry about any scoring system. Your analytics will tell you if your marketing is working not some random score published by Alexa, Moz or anyone else.

If you want to stand out from the crowd you need a really good website, great content and above all else, offer a fantastic service.

7. Lily Alvin

Lily Alvin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google PR hasn't updated so leave bothering about that and just focus on building your domain rank. Build the authority of your site with strong and relevant backlinks.

8. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Or better still, don't bother with domain rank and build authority with good content and internal linking.

9. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

PageRank is still at the heart of the ranking algorithm. What has been dropped is support for the visible PageRank score. It still exists, and some people still think it's a valid measure, but it is now meaningless (not that it ever did mean anything).

10. Jennifer Martin

Jennifer Martin
    uix_expand uix_collapse