Is Google Gone Mad?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Matt-APEXCGI, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Matt-APEXCGI

Matt-APEXCGI
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am not sure what is happening, our team consists of 4 people and we work for 8 hours straight away on daily basis. Now the bad thing is we worked on seo and our site was ranked 8th within first 10 days, after 2 moths of total hard work our site ended at 17th, I am not sure what google now a days think and what are they doing.

Also noted that one site which has only 3 backlinks and is created recently suddenly came to 3rd number, how that site can come there? Is that now injustice for those who work hard and give time regularly.

2. ProfitClinic

ProfitClinic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You do realise that Google ranking is no longer about backlinks, don't you? The Semantic Web has well and truly arrived over the past year or two.

All the warnings from Google have been there for at least two years. The emphasis now is on quality, not quantity.

3. hebaa

hebaa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, unfortunately, this happened to me also worked hard for the arrival of the first pages of my site and I am still working, but
    I did not know what the cause of this issue by Google
    Once rises to the front pages of my site, and once back down
    Google, as if dancing with us :)

4. ActionEstore

ActionEstore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Simple thing is that new website rank fast then drops & again comes to its position, You don't have to worry about all these things & also increasing the number of SEO guyzz doesn't means that you website rank well. If you suddenly create to much back links for new website, then Google will take it as a unnatural link building ( Means using software or Backlink Generator tool) and it's not good at all. So, Focus on quality rather then quantity. Start building backlinks from High authority domains & make it sure that anchor text link must be associated with brand keywords. You will easily achieve rank at better result.

Hope It will Help you.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Action Estore has made some very good points here. When a website is new, and indexed for the first time, Google must decide where it should be placed. Then as time goes by, it becomes easier to more closely define where the website should be ranked, and in what position. He's also right about too many links all at once being unnatural, and about making sure that they come from quality websites. I don't think that all of your anchor text links should be brand keywords though. It sounds like the latest thing that Google likes, so now everybody is concentrating on making all brand keywords, instead of a variety of different kinds of links from different sources. For a new website, being ranked #17 after two months is nothing to worry about. Keep working, and make sure you're doing things the right way, not using tools to create links for you, and not creating a bunch of spam links from directories and forum and blog comments, etc.

Even Google has tried to make a search engine that classifies and ranks websites without backlinks, and it didn't work. I do agree that ranking on Google is not just about backlinks, and you're right about quality being more important than quantity. That applies to all techniques, however, not just backlinks.

6. psrb4u

psrb4u
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its not just about working hard but working in the right direction. Backlinks are not the only factor in determining rankings and even worse if they are not contextual. Google loves everything to go naturally and this makes everything difficult for webmasters like us to struggle in its ranking.

7. ActionEstore

ActionEstore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dear joeroxx,

Thanks for sharing such genuine information on the problem. I have practicing this about for 3 months on Brand keywords & money keywords anchor text links. Some good websites like SEOMOZ have posted some good points on anchor text. They have clearly mentioned that your should diverse you anchor text with Brand name, Same URL, long tail keywords etc, they can rank well compare to those websites which are using online brand keywords..

8. funds4biz

funds4biz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google Focus on Quality on Quantity so create backlink only on high pr Websites and in limit quantity in a day.

9. touqeer

touqeer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Focus on the on page work of seo, content and usability of the website. Build links on the high quality websites. Follow the rules of the link schemes of the Google webmaster to generate the links of your website. Do not use the black hat seo techniques.

10. paulsimmons

paulsimmons
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You probably not going something right in backlinking, Second its is quiet normal for new site to rank higher and then losing its ranks again to fall back few pages. Matt cutts has posted a video on this question explaining why it happens.

11. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sometimes poor backlinking i.e. backlinking from low ranked sites(less PR,da,pa) can effect the ranking of sites. You have to check your links first and If found any bad backlink, remove it.

12. SConsultant

SConsultant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google loves to communicate that everything have to go naturally, but the SERP pages are not really reflecting this...
    Unique, compelling content wins on the long run - I truly believe in this -, so write interesting articles and use social networks / forums to gain traffic