Is Getting Too Much Attention Counterproductive?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Redd, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When promoting your business getting all the right attention could in the long run make you more money but there's no guarantee that your marketing campaign will be noticed only by your prospective customers. Your competitors will know what you are doing and they'll probably try to beat you.

Question: do you think over-promoting your business will negatively impact you eventually?

2. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For any business to succeed, advertising and promotion is key and I don't see how making potential customers and clients aware of what you have to offer as counterproductive.

The more people know about your business, the more customers you will get, and it doesn't really matter what the competition does, as long as you look after your own business and customers, build a reputation to make people keep coming back, then it will be a success.

3. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is a pretty healthy competition. We thrive because of competition. I do not see any problem if my competition will learn about my campaigns that is inevitable. Even before they can counter my campaigns I already have other plans lined up. If you are not prepared then be afraid of your competition.

4. CashAware

CashAware
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, competition is often a smart machine when it gets to spying. But it depends of the level where you are. Before caring too much about competition, a business will look firstly into its survival and getting customers. Sure, to attract customer they should study competition, but not as much. Then, later, when they have customers, they should still grow, and they should still keep the current customers in your company and not in someone else's business.
    This is where most of the competition plays. And when you reached that case, competitors will quickly know about you if you are growing, and if they don't know about you, this means probably you are just too little to make them worried. But they proactively watch competition, so doesn't matter you do an ad or not, they will know the new prices you make, faster than even your favorite customer may know about it. It's not that they're super-smart, they're watching you closely. It's part of their work.

5. steveposter

steveposter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Over promotion is just like forcing people to visit your site or buy your product and services without knowing the specific needs and expectations of the target users.