Is free classified ad posting result oriented these days?

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by ZaraEvans, Jun 12, 2015.

1. ZaraEvans

ZaraEvans
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I was just planning to go for classified ad campaign for my website but I have no idea whether free classified ads posting actually works or not, please share your experience.

I shall be waiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance!

2. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It depends on a lot of things but mostly the answer is that free classified advertising doesn't work. Most of the websites offering free classified advertising have little or no traffic and thousands of ads. The SEO value is exactly ZERO, so the only value is if a person sees your ad and visits your website. It most cases, the odds of that generating real traffic from the free ads are also nearly ZERO, since the websites don't have any real visitors. If they have traffic at all, it is neophyte webmasters who are visiting to post worthless ads themselves and are not looking at the other ads.

There may be exceptions, but unless the site is Craigslist and you are posting something that a real person wants, chances are good that you are completely wasting your time.

3. Damien Lee

Damien Lee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ultimately it depends in which classified sites or even newspapers you will be using. If they attract significant traffic and readership you should definitely consider an ad campaign. Also ensure that you post your ads under the correct categories in order to attract targeted traffic. I managed to secure a high paying client through a free classified ad, therefore you should never ignore this avenue.

4. appleannie123

appleannie123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think classified ads on sites like Craigslist and other online newspaper sites are a great way to get traffic to your site. I think that many people frequent Craigslist and that this is what makes it so profitable to advertise on sites like this.

5. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Over here, we used to have the Buy & Sell site that had a good following. But I wonder why it lost to those sites that have a forum for that purpose. So members can talk about a particular product and even post testimonies. Anyway, as for posting in classifieds to promote a site, I guess forums are the best for that. Look for forums that accept free advertisements.