Is everyone suitable to do Amway?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by YeaiNeedALife, Mar 6, 2015.

1. YeaiNeedALife

YeaiNeedALife
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Personally speaking, I have been an Amway Distributor for about 8 months now, and I'm having some questions to throw at myself. Because my upline is my brother, I find it hard to ask or say anything because he obviously thinks I'm dumb. I was discussing with him some points along my journey, and I figured that I have to realize my dreams and do something about it. That has lead me to realize many dreams, and the real reason I actually started Amway was because I wanted to learn and that was it. Still, even today I still can't find my "Why Amway( I'm 19 now, I joined amway 2 months after my birthday)? I'm starting to ask, is Amway really the only thing I can do to achieve my dreams(cooking, language, graphic designer, own my own web page...PS: I don't know what I'm doing in Computer Science in Uni now)? If I really drop Amway does it do harm? Will it mean that I'll never get rich? Fact was I never planned to be rich, so I ask myself, "Is it because my mindset is to be an employee or is it just the way I am(I love volunteerism and charity)? I tried making "i wanna give more for charity" as my reason to start amway, because I didn't mind physically working..not that I have much experience for too long. Any views?

#1 YeaiNeedALife, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2015
  2. atlantisrocks

atlantisrocks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most people have had some contact with Amway. I was an Amway distributor but my personality was not right for Amway.

I always think of the quote by Bill Britt, one the most successful Amway distributors: "There is no secret. I simply showed the plan to 1200 people. 900 said, ‘No’ and only 300 signed up. Out of those 300, only 85 did anything at all. Out of those 85 only 35 were serious, and out of those 35, 11 made me a millionaire."

As you can see, most people are not a good fit for succeeding with Amway.

Successful Amway distributors are unafraid, single minded, and dedicated to finding those few people who will make them a millionaire.

Don't worry if Amway is not for you. There are plenty of other ways to earn an income, even if you do not become wealthy. You are young and can still find a path that resonates with you.

3. FaaastCash

FaaastCash
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well you need to have good marketing skills to approach customer to take your product(.i.e Amway) to every home or house nearest to you. But be assured of your wants & requirement, basis on which you can take step towards making your dream come true.

#3 FaaastCash, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2015
  4. Damien Lee

Damien Lee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No. In fact, Amway is a lousy opportunity for most folks. The products are very expensive and hard to sell when there are cheaper alternatives available. I do concur that the quality of Amway products are very good, but in a tough economy people tend to be very price conscious. The plan and how profits are shared is very complicated and most potential distributors do not understand it.

Even those that do join will seldom put in the work to make it worthwhile. The overall success rate is way too low with a high churn out rate, this means that most people figure out that the Amway opportunity is a poor one.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I actually was wondering about Amway the other day. I haven't heard about it in years, so I wasn't sure if it was still around. I have a friend who used to sell it, and wanted me to get into it way back then, but I'm not much of an in-person marketer. I think I've found my niche with online sales, since I can post my items, and people can buy them if they're interested. I'm not very pushy, and I think in order to survive, let alone thrive, in Amway, you have to be somewhat pushy. My friend isn't pushy per se, but is a lot more in your face than I am, and she will push and nudge way beyond the point where I'm comfortable, to encourage people to buy or sell under her.

If you're already having doubts, are unhappy working under your brother and feel disrespected, perhaps you should look around for another avenue to success. If you don't have anyone working under you, this could be a good time to make your exit, and work on something where you can stand on your own, and forge your own path.

• Like Like x 1
  6. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@Damien Lee is right, Amway and similar companies take up far too much of your time and effort yet provide little return.

Don't allow your brother to pressure you into working under him. You do know that he'll be making commission from anything you sell so will be loath to let you go. Concentrate on your Computer Science degree for now as this is sure to open many more doors for you than a home based selling business will.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #6 missbishi, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  7. Soliloquy

Soliloquy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The vast majority of people don't make any money with Amway. The products aren't unique or even better than what you can find elsewhere in most cases, and people don't want to be bothered with special ordering something they can pick up cheaper at the grocery store. They also don't like feeling like they're getting pressured to buy things from their friends.

There's no shame in being an employee instead of a boss. Regular jobs have dependable salaries, and (hopefully) benefits, but also intangible benefits like learning from someone more experienced than you. Get more work experience under your belt, then either do something on the side for extra or re-evaluate your chances of success in your own business. Five, ten years from now you may have your own ideas for products and have more knowledge about how to sell them.

8. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pardon me but upon reading that word Upline, I'm sure there is a Downline. That scheme is very unfair if you will look at it carefully. The downline people would seem to be working for you and up the line. But anyway, it is your liking so you are there, right?

I had a colleague way back in 2002 who engaged in Amway. Overwhelmed with excitement, he told me that he would quit his job and go full time in Amway. Fortunately, his wife was against the idea since he was already a supervisor in the bank at that time. And so he stayed with the bank. A few years after, Amway died in the part of the world.

9. Adler Stewart

Adler Stewart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice guid thank you. but i don't know more about markenting.