Is Educational Degree BBA from Bangladesh valued in other countries?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by dihan91, Sep 18, 2010.

1. dihan91

dihan91
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm doing graduate in BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION in Bangladesh in a reputed Govt university here. Do I have opportunity to work at the first world? If so, how?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Which university accredits the MBA programme you are doing dihan91? A lot will depend on the quality and reputation of that university.

Does your university have a career guidance councillor? If so, ask him or her about career opportunities, once you finish your MBA and ask for examples of the international careers followed by that university's previous MBA graduates.

How long until you graduate?

3. dihan91

dihan91
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its 4years to complete my BBA and 3for MBA. I don't think my university have a career guidance councilor.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

dihan91 if you are already attending the university and have a few years to go before you finish, you should probably concentrate now on learning as much as you can. In addition to your college programme, read the business section of reputable newspapers, this will teach you a lot about the real world of business. Perhaps you could even start a small part time business, this may not make you a lot of money but it would have tremendous benefits in teaching you how to apply what you learn at university, to the real world.

5. dihan91

dihan91
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your kind and useful replies everyone. Can you suggest me more about something that could help me become world class student and very effective at work?

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The best suggestions I can make in this regard are the two I already mentioned, i.e. read business news papers such as the Financial Times and / or Wall Street Journal and perhaps start a small part time business to teach you how to apply what you learn to the real world. Arethose suggestions helpful to you?

7. dihan91

dihan91
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes sir it was. Thanks. I was looking further for more interesting opinions. So that it becomes easy for me to choose.

8. DaveB

DaveB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe that what is important in determining whether you get a job or not is how are you able to integrate into the company and what have you got to offer to the company. Employers are starting to care less about which college you graduated from nowadays.