Is Dropshipping right for you?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by emily1983, Oct 18, 2010.

1. emily1983

emily1983
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dropshipping is also an option for people who want to open a online store, without having to spent a huge investment. The risk is lower, and the work is less. The consquences for these benefits are that the returns are also generally lower. Of course there are other pros and cons but these are the general ones

2. bcurko

bcurko
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I did dropshipping for a short duration although the profit margin was about %5 it wasn't worth the time and effort involved in packaging the items and ensuring they reached their destination. Buying from wholesalers who don't have a Minimum Quantity will ensure Higher margins and less problems :)

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Why did you have to package and ship the items? I understood that the whole idea behind drop shipping was that these activities would be done by the dropshipper.

4. sallya121

sallya121
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Many people do business about dropshipping.It is a good choice to do business I think if you have not much money to invest.

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dropshipping is a good way to make money, i agree that the margin is not high due to high competitive but the volume is god enough for you to make money.

6. Navida

Navida
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't know much about dropshipping but a little concept in mid about droppshiping is that dropshipping is just like a dealer, but in this type of business droppshipper searches for the seller and buyer and did not make deal with them but purchase on behalf of buyer from the seller and then again sell it to the buyer. And in this all processes personal cash of dropshiper is not involved..
    Am I right??