Is doing Link Wheel Process Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by apexis, Jun 19, 2012.

1. apexis

apexis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    I want to start link wheel process for one of my website for high search volume keywords. According to the latest penguin update, is this process is safe or will Google penalize me....

Please let me know about this......

2. astonblake

astonblake
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link Wheel is Good Strategy for Building Backlinks..

here is Link Wheel process

Step 1

Write a Squidoo lens about your website topic. Then put a link in your Squidoo lens back to your website. You can open an account at Squidoo by clicking on the link in the resources section of this article.

Step 2

Write an article about your topic and submit it to any of the online article directories. You can use GoArticles or Ezinearticles or any of the other many article directories online. Include a link back to your Squidoo lens in your article or resource box.

Step 3

Create a Hubpage about your topic and link it back to the article that you wrote in step 2. You can open a Hubpages account by clicking on the link in the resources section.

Step 4

Create a Google Knol about your topic and include a link back to your Hubpage.

Step 5

Make a one page Blogger blog and link it back to your Google Knol. You can actually use the same Blogger blog to place links for many different link wheels.

Step 6

At this point you can either choose to leave the wheel as it is, and leave it "open" or you can close the wheel by linking your website back to your Blogger blog. Either way, you will see your website rise in the search engines over the next week or two.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dawey

Dawey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link wheel building is still an effective SEO strategy. Absolutely. :)

4. sayitproud

sayitproud
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree that it is still a good strategy. Maybe that will change in the future but for now it is still good.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

According to Google's own Webmaster Guidelines:

"However, some webmasters engage in link exchange schemes and build partner pages exclusively for the sake of cross-linking, disregarding the quality of the links, the sources, and the long-term impact it will have on their sites. This is in violation of Google's Webmaster Guidelines and can negatively impact your site's ranking in search results. "

Although link wheels are not specifically mentioned as an example of a link scheme, the above quote does mention "build(ing) partner pages exclusively for the sake of cros-linking", and that is exactly what the link wheels mentioned by astonblake are. So where should you get links from? The Guidelines mention that as well:

"It is not only the number of links you have pointing to your site that matters, but also the quality and relevance of those links. Creating good content pays off: Links are usually editorial votes given by choice, and the buzzing blogger community can be an excellent place to generate interest."

Other places to get links include articles and press releases. I would recommend avoiding link wheels and other "link scemes".

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dawey

Dawey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You know, "quality and relevance of those links. " is something important we think about when we build links wheels. The key is to make everything look natural. If you make complicated scemes with long link chains, it's impossible for google to discover your tactic. There are so many sites on the top of the SERPS which used SEO-tactics like this and they haven't been punished yet. Google is good when it comes to discover mass-bought links and copied content. But still, if you use qualitative and unique content, google won't punish your link strategies, even if they sometimes should be very easy to discover.

7. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

8. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, this is the way to satisfy yourself only that your doing something different for getting rank but this is not good for the search engines nowadays after that time when Google become more complex.

9. milina788

milina788
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should not use this strategy as the Google WMT suggests about this that anything which lies under the head of link scheme and create unnatural links in bulk can penalize your website by removing your website from search results.
    In my opinion Link wheel strategy is not a worthy game to play in these days because it create so many unnatural and low quality backlinks for your website.

10. pentawebexperts

pentawebexperts
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will go with those who are against this link building strategy. Actually i have had a bad experience with this strategy in the past. All my keyword rankings where drop down in a couple of weeks. So i will only suggest to avoid this strategy.

11. Interactiveonlin

Interactiveonlin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link wheels are still good, but relevancy is important

12. AJKpeter

AJKpeter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Last google update have almost killed link building