Is Aweber worth buying?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Greslet, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Greslet

Greslet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I receive a number of newsletters that are powered by Aweber, and a number of the sites that these come from recommend Aweber. They also sell the product as affiliates.

I'm running a wordpress based site and use the WP autoresponder software to power my own newsletter. WP autoresponder is free. I'm a huge fan of open source software and so far I'm really happy with my choice.

My question though: Are there any reasons to use Aweber over the open source option? Do these other sites use Aweber because it is better or because it is one of their affiliate products.

Some views from Aweber (or mailchimp) users without a vested interest would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

2. rjd1265

rjd1265
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I use them and they are very good. They are reliable and a lot of graphic opt-ins you can buy use there code so you can pretty fancy opt-ins with just a few clicks of the button.

There are others out there like response (something) but I did my research and found aweber was more trusting and cheaper.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Word

Word
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Aweber should get through spam filters better once you have a larger list or if you are a spam-risk niche.

I never tried open source so I can't compare other features.

The biggest hassle with aweber is if you already have a list from elsewhere. It's almost impossible to move it into aweber in any reasonable way.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rjd1265

rjd1265
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you google "email marketing" or lead capture system you will get a lot of products. The only reason I say Aweber is because I use them and it works great!

5. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The low cost of using AWeber as your auto responder service provider is great, especially if you're just starting out and won't too keep this expense to the minimum. They offer a free trial which is class in its self, as you get to try out the complete service (no restrictions) with no obligations.

6. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We use MailChimp and have to say it's so easy to use, and create RSS fed newsletters etc.

However, the opt-in form we have apparently is causing an error so it's not perfect!