Is Anyone Still Using a PC-Based Voicemail System?

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by MyDigitalpoint, Jul 30, 2015.

1. MyDigitalpoint

uix_expand uix_collapse

Jul 15, 2015
    Time before I started my online business ventures, I was running a home-based mail direct business that eventually was enhanced with an answering machine to take order over the phone.

With the pass of the time and then speedy 486 Pentium computers, I thought to setup a voicemail system to make more efficient the telemarketing process of a one-person band that was sometimes assisted by close family members, but not having the budget to hire personal to attend my phones 24/7 before outsourcing became popular.

This happened from the mid to the late 1990s, and when the turn of the century caught me starting online projects, I tried to bring alone the voicemail system for my newly-revamped telemarketing projects, after all, the software was still available, and then enhanced with email capabilities besides faxing.

This software is still developed to date and is called SuperVoice,

If you look into this page, you will find other useful software to enhance your online or brick-and-mortar business productivity.

Question is, do you think that having a PC-bases voicemail system is still convenient?
    Wouldn't be better outsource this part of a business to a call center?
    What are your thoughts about all of this?
  2. SalesGuyAndy

uix_expand uix_collapse

Apr 2, 2016
    I used to work for a company that sold PC based voicemail systems and even some outbound systems as well. Before I moved on from that company they were switching everything over to cloud based VoIP, it was cheaper, more powerful and more convenient. I don't know why anyone would stay with one of the legacy PC based systems anymore. Just getting a true land-line which these systems were designed for these days is nearly impossible in most areas and if you can they are way more expensive than VoIP.