Is Anyone Still Using a PC-Based Voicemail System?

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by MyDigitalpoint, Jul 30, 2015.

1. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Time before I started my online business ventures, I was running a home-based mail direct business that eventually was enhanced with an answering machine to take order over the phone.

With the pass of the time and then speedy 486 Pentium computers, I thought to setup a voicemail system to make more efficient the telemarketing process of a one-person band that was sometimes assisted by close family members, but not having the budget to hire personal to attend my phones 24/7 before outsourcing became popular.

This happened from the mid to the late 1990s, and when the turn of the century caught me starting online projects, I tried to bring alone the voicemail system for my newly-revamped telemarketing projects, after all, the software was still available, and then enhanced with email capabilities besides faxing.

This software is still developed to date and is called SuperVoice, http://www.supervoice.com

If you look into this page, you will find other useful software to enhance your online or brick-and-mortar business productivity.

Question is, do you think that having a PC-bases voicemail system is still convenient?
    Wouldn't be better outsource this part of a business to a call center?
    What are your thoughts about all of this?

2. SalesGuyAndy

SalesGuyAndy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I used to work for a company that sold PC based voicemail systems and even some outbound systems as well. Before I moved on from that company they were switching everything over to cloud based VoIP, it was cheaper, more powerful and more convenient. I don't know why anyone would stay with one of the legacy PC based systems anymore. Just getting a true land-line which these systems were designed for these days is nearly impossible in most areas and if you can they are way more expensive than VoIP.