Is anyone else on Elance?

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing, Online Promotion & SEO' started by ThirdSEO, Apr 28, 2012.

1. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    I'm wondering if anyone else on BAF is on Elance and if they've had any success selling their services on the site. Let me know if you have an account and what your experiences have been. I find the site to be overly competitive and many of the buyers want web marketing or SEO services way too cheap...

2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    Yes, i'm one of the member on Elance. Not only Elance but you can find most of the freelancer site that buyer are looking for the cheap service. The competitive of freelancer is much harder compare to few year ago.
    The fact is that most of the cheap service provider are not able to provide quality job, they just spoil the market. And then buyer complaint that they are scammed.

3. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    The experience I've had with Elance hasn't been very great. Buyers want everything dirt cheap. That's not a very smart way to attract 'quality' professionals that actually know what they're doing. It's definitely not the source of my best clients.

4. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Money:
    $0
    That's a very bad ideas if the seller reduce their price to get the project. Finally the seller will provide low quality service because they actually dont happy with the price and the buyer will complaint about the quality of work.