1. Jeff G

Jeff G
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Absolutely not required for success in a major corporation. The only thing required for success is what you'll put into it, what sacrifices your willing to make, your attitude, and a passion for what you do.

Obviously your thinking about it, which shows determination.

Depending on your preferred field, it would likely be a benefit.

I challenge you to research similar corporations and investigate the executive's credentials. Often times you will see advancements due to the person taking a position at another company, and climbing the ladder.

This is all my opinion and I have not held an high level executive position. My opinion comes from a sales mentality and background. I have however knocked down six figures and have what I consider a strong business mindset.

Hopefully you'll get some other opinions. It would be helpful to know the field you're targeting. I also assumed you're not in a mood level position.

2. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually yes. if you are hoping for a good job+salary in your initial stages only, then yes MBA can play a vital role. doing form Good university will be like a silver spoon for you.

3. boysingh

boysingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmmm, Yes, Of course, but sometimes those who didn't had MBA, earns more than who had MBA..

4. thaversantosh

thaversantosh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes , Actually is not for all the people in the olden days bussiness man send his son to do the mba , So that they can understand their business and
    easily maintain . MBA is not for the job . MBA is how to manage the people and business . MBA is used when you start any business or corporation
    then you already know what is the legal requirement and how to manage them other wise any one can make you fool and take advantage for that .

5. FaaastCash

FaaastCash
    uix_expand uix_collapse

MBA is definitely useful course that you can look forward to, but at the same working experiences helps a man to learn what studies couldn't teach.

6. bburkeconsulting

bburkeconsulting
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Re: Prestige - Not worth it. You'll spend 3 times as much and have the same opportunity. If you expect to have one of those sought after developmental positions on wall street that pushes you up into equity partner within a few years making big bucks, you're the exception rather than the norm. Maybe if you're the top 1 of your class at an ivy league you'll have such opportunity; otherwise you're on a similar playing field to people who spent much less, and you're stuck continuing to pay for your education. Additionally, the quality of curriculum isn't different. In fact, there are a lot of accusations of "grade inflation" in ivy league schools, because people who go there expect to have certain grades.....

You get out of it what you put in. A top performer who is dedicated to career coming out of an MBA program has a huge advantage over an unmotivated mediocre performer from a prestigious school. Institution only matter initially; after that it's achievement and networking.