Irish Blog Awards

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Foamcutter, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Foamcutter

Foamcutter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know that this is a global forum but I just wanted to mention that here in Ireland we have an awards ceremony dedicated to blog creators/writers.

The Irish Blog Awards, in it's fifth year (i think) is being held in Cork and has almost 20 award categories. It's the first time that I've been to the awards as I've on recently started blogging so it should be an interesting evening.

It also be interesting to hear of any other Blog type award or recognition type events from around the world.

2. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ah, I was going to ask you about that Fran! I saw it mentioned on your blog and wasn't sure if you were going to it. Got any favorites amongst the nominees yourself? :)

3. Foamcutter

Foamcutter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Kay, yes I'm going to the event today & looking forward to it. I imagine that there will be an eclectic mix of people their.

I've been trying to follow a few, mainly business related, to see how it's done. Ive found this one Ice Cream Ireland very interesting as he describes an Irish Trade visit to Tokyo, in a number of entries. I think he won the business blog award before.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

5. Foamcutter

Foamcutter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fergal, it was a great event, very entertaining. Michele and Trust Tommy both won their categories. Plenty of the bloggers posting comments about the event. They are a nice bunch of people.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the update FoamCutter, glad you enjoyed it.

Did you play any twister last night?

7. Foamcutter

Foamcutter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

NO!

Twister on a normal mat is tough enough let alone on a giant inflatable one.
    Looked like good fun though.

8. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Congrats to Michele, that's excellent! :D And to Trust Tommy too. Inflatable Twister sounds like a hoot LOL. Bet you don't get that at the Oscars.