Investment Advice

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by djholmes, May 28, 2010.

1. djholmes

djholmes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Guys,

I have 20k USD saved up and I don't know what to do with it. I'm getting no interest from leaving it in the bank. Any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks.

2. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Investment with 12-15% ROI for 12 months now are accepted in our company.

I can be sent pm for preceding investment.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum djholmes. What country do you live in?

Would you be prepared to invest in a business or are you looking for guaranteed returns?

4. MattConoll

MattConoll
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How nice to hear that you're willing to invest your savings and willing to take the risk instead of the security your bank is offering. Here are some helpful tips for your investment endeavor. Wishing you good luck!

5. DKeithD

DKeithD
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are a lot of investment companies out there, though you need to investigate them thoroughly before trusting them. 20K is a really big amount.

6. Barney

Barney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think I have a good investment proposal but I do not know how to make it work. maybe someone will be able to use it.
    To combat credit card fraud why cant the credit companies set up a way that any person who withdraws monwy or uses their card get a text message on their phone. Ryanair have this facility customers of changes in their flights. If someone could use this idea to make their millions they have my premission and best wishes .

7. Lingua21

Lingua21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Depending on where you live it may be an idea to invest your money in an ice-cream van or a kebab van depending on which particular country you live in. I'm not being funny but they can make shed loads of money.

8. DKeithD

DKeithD
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I suggest you don't go for a partner.. My uncle got scammed just yesterday after 5 months of investing.. I suggest you look for a profitable business and start it.

9. JOEY BONNER

JOEY BONNER
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Before investing you should ask yourself if what kind of personality you have. These may be are your talents, skills, experience and strengths. Because if not, then you may need to tap your skills or create a new one. And the only preparation for this is to study and learn and do your homework.

#9 JOEY BONNER, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That worked pretty well for Duncan Bannatyne.

Sounds like a great idea, maybe you should start a business plan for it and pursue it yourself.

11. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can invest that money into good deeds or something that you can earn a major profit from.. such as buying a small business, getting a job in a high pay company, etc.

12. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wish I had the investment you have right now. I would like to pursue some business ideas I've been having in mind, but my pockets are only filled with pennies for now.

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Can you please explain that a little more, are you saying that people can use an investment to secure a job?

14. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

we plan 2 use your money to trade our services in alibaba to reach hot online buyers

15. ConradGarrett

ConradGarrett
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess saving the 20k USD wasn't that easy. And I wonder if you could also share to us the best technique to arrive into that amount of savings you have now. Then probably, it could also be the best way for you to continue or a sort of expanding that current technique to form a new business out of your skills in order to multiply that amount.

16. stormshellx

stormshellx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I say start buying stuff on ebay and selling it for a higher price, PROFIT for the win ;D

17. DKeithD

DKeithD
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thats called buy and sell.. That would be great, but you really need to be patient and attentive.

18. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would suggest that you take part of that money and start your own online business.
    There are several different models to choose from: build an ecommerce site, sell on eBay,
    affiliate marketing, developing your own products.

What are your hobbies? What are your skills? What are your interests?

If you build an online business around any of these - your hobbies, your skills or your interests -
    you will have an enormous chance of becoming a successful entrepreneur.

If you're a complete newbie grab free information online first and at a later stage,
    if necessary, invest in a coaching/mentoring program (but don't spend 5K or 10K in mentoring,
    be patient and you'll find offers for less than $500 from honest and serious people).

19. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Investing that money to a small yet effective business will pay you back that money well. Just keep a good idea of what kind of business are you going to start first - which takes a lot of research and knowledge so that your money-to-be-invested will not be wasted or just being thrown into crap.

I bet you can try making a business that you can run online - with lots of businesses now setting up their own Internet profiles through different social networking sites and other social media sites.

20. Navida

Navida
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will suggest you to start a wholesale business of your own. you just take the supplies from wholesalers and distribute it to the retailers with your own name. It will help you to establish your business as a brand name in supplier business. in this way, you have to take orders from retailers first and then collect the demanded supplies from the wholesalers.
    I think it is more secure business in which you can escape yourself from the scammers.
    Best wishes!