Investing in Stocks - Is it Wise?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by dipcliper, Nov 18, 2009.

1. dipcliper

dipcliper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi!!! I have a question? is it really wise to invest on stocks?give me a feedback

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

3. thad99

thad99
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Buying stock is a great way to make money. You need to understand though that there is a risk that you can lose money. If you have never been in the stock market you may try investing with mutual funds. They can be a little safer. You need to know that an investment in stocks is a long term investment plan not a short term way to make money.

4. rapidbilling

rapidbilling
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Of course.. You can invest in a stock.. If you have a good knowledge about it then you should go for it.. But at the same time you should know that it is risky.. So do the things wisely..I think it is the best way to make money faster..

Good luck..!!

5. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if you knew how it works, then it would be wise but if not,then its not wise to invest in it. even one that has moderate knowledge about it sometimes are just following what big dogs do. :D

6. makatiofficespace

makatiofficespace
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes! But you should know the company first or the company has a good reputation before investing something

7. melow

melow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess investing in stocks is ok , likewise in currency also, why not try Forex trading? There are lots of good resources out there to help. One of the best I have some across is makemoneycurrencytrading dot co dot uk as they run free webinars and training. And they run a live portfolio so you can actually see if their strategies are making profit live.
    They also send out a daily report each day with the trades.

8. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I suggest invest in utilities. They're often a safe choice for newbies in stock investment. Real estate is also OK. Though, you need to do thorough research first on the properties you want to invest in. Like, for example: check if the real estate property is situated in an ideal environment (i.e. stable and secure location, no sinkholes, etc.)

My apologies in advance if my last sentence above sounds insensitive to the plight of the people in Guatemala, but in real estate, this is an actual fact. Investors really take a hard look at the viability of the property location before they make a decision to invest.

9. Lingua21

Lingua21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One thing I would add is that I wouldn't advise keeping hold of the same stocks for the long term. I think that you need to be in the business of calculated risk and knowing when a stock is worth buying and selling it as soon as you believe it has reached a high enough value or has made you enough profit. It is a risky business and in some ways it can be compared with gambling. That's to say, only gamble what you can afford to throw away. Short selling seems to be the way to go these days.

10. woodsandy586

woodsandy586
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are looking to invest in the stock market and make profit, then this
    bestpennyalerts will be the most useful website you will ever read.

#10 woodsandy586, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  11. Scottypops

Scottypops
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The stock market is a great way to make money. Quite frankly it's the easiest and fastest way to make money if you know what your doing. Read up about it. To make quick money people usually go for penny stocks.

12. billieg

billieg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One thing I don't understand a thing about is stock market!
    I'd like to educate myself on this subject,
    can anyone advice ?

13. whitney01

whitney01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is good to invest in stock market or in forex trading if you have a capital and also knows a lot more about trading like the techniques to use so you can protect your investment or capital.

#13 whitney01, Jul 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  14. Rubs

Rubs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's relatively easy to make small amounts of money (i.e. $10-100k), but when you get into millions, it becomes much more difficult. I think Warren Buffet said something like: "Give me a million bucks and I'll be making 50% a month. But now that I have 90 billion, I'm thinking really hard how to make 10% a year".

15. Hosannakk

Hosannakk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Penny stocks are a way for new companies to offer stocks in their growing business. Since these companies are not yet ready for the big time stock market, they will offer stock at low prices - usually starting from under $1 up to $5 per share.Because the companies are young, and often upstarts, this means they are much riskier investments than more established businesses. However, part of the fun of getting into penny stock investment is the fact that you can start out investing a very low amount of money and watch a company rise in value over a short period of time. Sometimes this happens because companies have a hot product or lots of buzz in the marketplace.

16. WebWizard

WebWizard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Stocks is great if you know what your doing.

I seen a change to make a killing when the BIG 3 Fell, I purchased thousands of stocks for less then $1 each and well after cashing out 50% I think i did extremely well ^_^

look for those niches & take a chance.

PS: NOTHING IS A SURE THING IN LIFE.

17. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Hosannakk, do you invest in penny stocks yourself? How has it been working out for you?

18. MichaelSullivan

MichaelSullivan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are risks in investing with stocks so I can suggest that you do a lot of study where is the best method to put your money at. You can also do a background check for the company that you’ll choose.

Play it right. Play it safe.

19. healthnwealth

healthnwealth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Stock trading is one of the traditional methods in investing.It has many risks and also benefits.The main advantage in investing in stocks is the chance of greater returns.
    We get profit only wen we buy stocks in a right company.the other advantage in investing is ease of access.So it is wise but the only thing in this is be careful in companies which you going to invest.

20. Felix07Richerd

Felix07Richerd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One my friend say about stock investment that if you are going to invest in stock, start with little amounts.You should stick with that investment for some time and evaluate pros and cons before investing very large amounts.