Investing In Facebook Shares-Do you think it's good?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by gogreenbusiness, May 20, 2012.

1. gogreenbusiness

gogreenbusiness
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Now that Facebook is enlisted to IPO, do you think buying facebook shares will be a good investment? Well, we all know facebook's popularity had reached its full potential, but do you think they can maintain to be on top for the next 10 years or more? :confused:

2. MartinLedley

MartinLedley
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This industry changes so much and so quickly, I very much doubt FB will be around in 10 years. Only a year or two ago Myspace looked invincible, but you don't hear much about that now.

Once FB tries to monetise everything and gets greedy and complacent, that's when people will start looking elsewhere, and they'll always be another site ready to jump in and fill the void. Most humans have quite short attention spans and rarely stay loyal to sites for that long, because the 'next big thing' is always around the corner. Something new is bound to come along and replace it.

3. gogreenbusiness

gogreenbusiness
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, i was thinking the same thinking way too. We may learn from history, but there is nothing certain in the world today and not even facebook can stop it. With a lot of social media competitors poping around (Google + and all) buying fb shares will be too risky for investors.

4. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah and I think that one is the expensive investment and very beneficial Investment. Facebook is offering daily new things which gives the revenue to the shares holders.

5. pixacompanyphil

pixacompanyphil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It will help in the sense that you are going to get a good social presence. And having a good social media profile means there's a chance that you can get natural links outside social media platforms through viral sharing. So I think it's as good idea in investing to Facebook.

6. Gamrpro

Gamrpro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wouldn't say the FB share is a good investment. If I were you I wouldn't. Go for something that you see a bright future in like Google (GOOG).

7. remonray

remonray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I partially agree on that because myspace had members who were already using the internet in their daily life but facebook is something which is used by internet users/ non-internet users mean those users who don't know about googling/blogging/foruming but they use facebook to get connected with their friends so I may say it won't dissolve that sooner.
    Investing in FB is far more better than that of investing in google because of some points:
    *GOOG has already reached some like 400billion in the papers and now it will be hard for itself to make its market value more than that but FB has some more space up.
    *You won't have voting rights in case if you are investing a high amount because GOOG is only giving out non-voting shares to buyers, I am not sure but maybe FB will.
    *You can invest because FB won't be replaced by any other social networks for 5years or more.

8. arindamdutta16

arindamdutta16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Facebook is such a hot IPO that it’s likely to be overvalued. Buying the shares would most likely be a momentum trade, and I don’t do those. I’d likely buy the shares. I think that Facebook is going to dominate its niche. It could be very, very profitable in the long term. But I’m not buying at the IPO price.

• Like Like x 1