Investing in Developing Countries

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Daftblogger, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Daftblogger

Daftblogger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Successful entrepreneurship is founded, among others, upon the capacity to discover new markets. This is why, I think, we should be looking more at poor countries as potential business targets.

Have you ever seriously considered investing in a poor european, african, asian or latin american country? If yes, which sectors were you interested in?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I haven't invested in any of those countries myself Daftblogger, however having spent some time in India and Nepal I'd love to invest in that area at some time in the future. Plus a lot of our valued members here on Business Advice Forum come from those countries and it is very positive to see those countries becoming more entrepreneurial.

3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Never think on this because i more concentrate on the local market. However, i was travelling alot when i was employee.
    And i'm doing set up factory on those developing country, what i can see is the man power is cheap but other than man power, all of them are expensive

4. Darby

Darby
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Southeast Asia might be good for you there are still natural resources and manpower. Now many companies are expanding thier branches to these Asian countries, it won't be late if you want to get started !!!