$$Invest On Yourself##

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by scifi, Nov 16, 2008.

1. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi! Friends
    We make investment in various things so as to get a return on our investment like stocks, banks, real estate, business etc.
    But how many of you think that it is worth investing on oneself like on our studies, on our health, on increasing our knowledge, on enhancing our personality etc.?????
    When we buy a magazine, a newspaper, buying anything related to u'r health or going to a doctor for regular checkup, investing on our career or studies, projects & various other things(The list is endless) we are actually making investment on ourself, the return of which, will definitely come sooner or later in life may be in reconizable form or can even go unnoticed. But the one thing is GUARANTEED; returns will definitely come.!!!
    Remember that you are the one, who is worth more capable of giving return than investment on anything else.
    So next time you plan your budget do let a small place for yourself too...

At last investment on anything should be done, but with little planning; to make it more effective...........

#1 scifi, Nov 16, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  2. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My parents have always ingrained in us the value of education. She said that the best thing she could give us is what's in our brains so my mom and dad worked their ass off so as to see graduate from college.

The results, however, are not always guaranteed. Even though we already got an education and have upgraded our skills, success still doesn't come easily. We still need hard work and discipline and sometimes a little bit of luck.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Investing in yourself is probably the most secure investment you can make. Recent times have shown us that anything else we invest in can be taken away from us very quickly. But an investment in your own knowledge and well being can never be taken away.

4. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wise words indeed, everyone. And remember too you don't always need to spend money to learn something new, which is just about the best investment in yourself I can think of.

Scifi, you may not have seen this post but it was about the Open University. Lots of free goodies there.

5. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank You !!
    Kay the link is extremely useful.
    I hope to find in it some courses related to my civil engineering.
    yeah :D
    as you said Education can not be expensive unless until you have will to learn!!!!!

6. youbetcha1018

youbetcha1018
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Nazreen. Education is the best investment to ourselves. No one will ever take it away from you.

7. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Knowing that you need to continue to learn and the act of learning are two different things, however. Most of the time we already know that we need to keep on learning, to keep improving our skills but we're still not doing it. What do you think are the reasons why we're not motivated to learn?

When I see kids and see the wonder in their eyes as they see new things, I sometimes feel that it's nice if I can be a kid again. These little people are so full of curiosity that they always want to learn new things. Is curiosity the missing piece to keep us on the path of learning?

#7 Nazreen, Nov 20, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  8. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well apart from education, we should also focus on developing our overall personality that is keeping awareness of happenings in our society, our country & also if possible abt world.
    Apart from that we should also try to keep working to groom our self with different traits such as interpersonal skills,communication skills etc. .
    I have many friends having good educational background but are jobless because of weak overall personality traits!!!

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

When we get older, we have a lot more commitments and have less time available for study and learning. Also, when we are younger we are generally attending school, hence we are in the habit of learning.

A lot of behaviour is determined by habit, and we don't do it when we get out of the habit. It can be helpful to get back into the habit by just allocating a small amount of time to study and self-improvement every week. Alternatively it can be very useful and enjoyable to attend a local part time course that interests you.