introductory email to potential customers

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by clifborder4fm, Jun 5, 2012.

1. clifborder4fm

clifborder4fm
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hey guys just started up a business producing a large number of product. My goal is to sell my product in larger amounts to customers (mainly larger businesses rather than individual people). I was just wondering if you guys had any ideas on a good email to send to these businesses/companies. Last thing I want is to sound like a car dealer or someone on the street trying to sell you something. Here is my idea:

Hello my name is Jake, co-founder of company X. We produce products in your field of interest. Please feel free to visit our website at www.companyx.com. Let me know if we may assist you in any way.

Thank you,

- Jake

It's not invasive or needy. It adds value. And its not long or drawn out, just straight to the point. Let me know what you guys think or if you have any other ideas

Thank you

2. Navida

Navida
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have to create interest of potential customers by showing them incentives in your email. Tell something good about your company in 1st paragraph, introduce benefits of your products and services in 2nd paragraph and motivate reader to contact with you in 3rd paragraph.

3. AlanaP

AlanaP
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Navida, you need more details. What do you mean by products in my field of interest, what products and which of my interests. Do you have good prices, excellent service, what sets you apart from any one else?

4. clifborder4fm

clifborder4fm
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ok sounds great thanks for the feedback. Will definatley market it. We are basically supplying a product only found in europe to china where it's in demand. My partner is from China and there aren't many companies with native Chinese speakers supplying this so we are hoping to have an advantage. The email will be in Chinese too obviously to companies there who deal with distribution of similar products. I guess in my original email I was hoping the website with the catalog in it would speak for itself.

Do I also want to speak on a more personal level in my email getting the point across that we will work as a "team" and benefit from each other? I am hoping to develop a long term relationship with these businesses in order to continue supplying them for a long time.

thanks for the feedback guys

5. cellington

cellington
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That depends on your market and your target audience. Amazon sends me product information that I want or am interested in, but there isn't any sense that "we'll work as a team". On the other hand, I certainly want to "work as a team" with my virtual assistant. You must familiarize yourself with the interests, needs and desires of your target audience and then communicate directly with them in the way they need to receive it.