Internet Marketing Journey...

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by ShawnLim, Mar 18, 2010.

1. ShawnLim

ShawnLim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I dunno whether this is the right place for this.

Well, currently I'm quite busy with my day job. And usually after back to home, I'm quite tired and exhausted. So I'm thinking whether should I focus on my day job and just let go of internet marketing.

Actually it is not exactly a job, I'm a property agent, so i'll say it is more like my own business.

The thing is, i'm quite interested with internet marketing and i believe i have learned and spent a lot of time into it before. i got a few small websites promoting affiliate products, and a blog that i consider not bad. my blog has around 300-400 visitors everyday even if i'm not doing anything to it.

so it will generate a few cents or sometimes dollars from it. while for my affiliate websites, their results are not as good. they will only generate around a few sales for me per month.

And this is where the problem comes in, do you think i should keep on doing internet marketing? or should i just focus on my real estate career instead? i've poured in quite a lot of effort into internet marketing, should i just stop it? :dunno:

2. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You say that the you also have your own business in property Management, if this is not really what you want to do, but funds you would you be in a position to hire someone part time to take over some of the work so you can spend some other time of what sounds like something you enjoy doing on the web?

You have to be honest with yourself, could you make enough money in a month from the web to make up from any loss of income from your other job? and if you did have times when your income was not as good as it currently is, could you still live a reasonable lifestyle?

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm a firm believe in finding out what you enjoy doing, what you are naturally gifted at and then working on that to become brilliant at it and find ways to make money from it. Are you passionate about property business?

Could you combine the two businesses in some way? Perhaps you could start a property related blog or website. Perhaps you could create a property ebook and sell it. This blog post from John Chow, could help you with that - How To Really Make Money with Clickbank.

Please post back with your thoughts.

4. ShawnLim

ShawnLim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello guys, thanks for your advice.
    Well, I guess i will continue with my internet marketing.

Just, one thought tho, should i continue with my blog? or should i put full attention and grow it instead of focusing on other affiliate marketing websites that i currently have?

sometimes i find it hard to get topics for my blog. writers block i guess.

By the way Fergal, i like John Chow's blog. And Yaro's blog as well.

5. hodgey

hodgey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi friends, as you can see I am a newcomer here I would also reiterate that the concepts of internet marketing have been revolving in my head for some time now. But I could not manage to get adequate advices and this hindered me to do anything in practical. For any business as is the case success might not be evident initially and this can be a time consuming process. This is the reason I cant think of quitting my job right now or when I do get into such businesses. In that case would I need to hire professionals to manage things for me? Would it be a good idea? Also being involved in a job would make my abilities limited to contribute time for the business too. Keeping all these things in consideration please pour in your words of wisdom.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Shawn, like you I've often been working on a number of different businesses and websites at the same time. My personal view is that this scatters your focus and is not the most effective way to do things. Maybe it would be better to focus on one site, build it and take it as far as you can or if you feel that it is not going to work bin the idea and then move on to something else.

Welcome to our business forum hodgey, the best way to get answers to your specific questions is to start a new thread for them. You will get a much better response, than you will by posting in someone else's thread.

7. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

IM and a day job can be hard. I quit mine at the end of last year to do IM "full time". The most important things I can add would be to learn from the best, get a great mentor so you can avoid the bright, shiney objects syndrome of new internet marketers.

Approach it like you would your other business - as a business, with a business mentality, a plan and the same action as you would in business. You can do an amazing amount in an hour or two in the evening but you have to develop laserlight focus.

Find high priced, high commission solutions to sell, build a great, targeted list, give a great incentive to opt-in and optimise one market before moving on.

Again if you are interested in some great resources / blogs etc PM me and I can send through a list!