International Business - Some questions

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by jude, Dec 9, 2014.

1. jude

jude
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello all, I work for a company which is contemplating entering into an international business opportunity. I have been tasked with researching what would be required to move forward. Since this is my first project involving this level of detail, I thought it might be wise to reach out here for additional perspective on this.

I want to be as comprehensive as possible, so I'm trying to gather info that would be helpful to capture when and if the company decides to move forward with this initiative. Thanks!

2. Jybrael

Jybrael
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First I would recommend doing a few surveys on a couple of websites, do some market research using Google and check out whether or not the products your company sells are being sold by others are not and how popular are they amongst buyers...

3. jude

jude
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you, Jybrael. I'll do that.

4. MahaKarthi

MahaKarthi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Jybrael, do your research work in prior and get to know the status of your company or the company’s project. Along with that, try to collect some other information from your seniors in the same field. As real-time experiences would really help than the other regular advices.

5. natedigi

natedigi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Big thing is to research the business laws of the country they are based in. Will you be liable for tax in that country? What protection do you have under their laws if the company goes bust? that kind of thing

6. MattPel

MattPel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would definitely check out doingbusiness.org. It will give you a good idea of what to expect for any given country.

Understanding cultural differences plays a big role in being successful at international business. Make sure you do your homework!

#6 MattPel, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
  7. christinaharrell

christinaharrell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

International business requires huge investments mostly so explore as much as you can. Also consult a business lawyers as they would be able to give you more information on business laws.

#7 christinaharrell, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2015