Inspirational and Motivational Thoughts from Will Smith

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Fergal, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

This is a very powerful video with great lessons.

Enjoy it and please post back with your opinion on it.

[YOUTUBE]tPTTN8WZ7kM[/YOUTUBE]

2. OnlineHelper

OnlineHelper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

WOW! I love this kind of stuff! Fergal, thanks for sharing!

His energy for life is awesome! I think we are all guilty at times of forgetting what a precious gift life really is and this video is a great reminder how special life really is.

It's great how he explains the difference between talent and skill...I think most people in life think that successful people are just lucky and don't realize that their success is due to how hard they have worked. It reminds me of a great Tony Robbins quote "You are rewarded in public, for what you practice intensely in private."

When he talks about laying a strong foundation this was great to hear and reminds me that I need to focus on that. Sometimes when I have a new project or business idea that I'm working on, I try to get everything done at once, when instead I should be doing one thing at a time and get that as close to perfect as I can before moving on to the next step.

Will mentioned the book The Alchemist...I will definitely be checking that out.

This video was very moving and inspirational, thanks again for sharing it!

3. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The Alchemist..This one book friends changed my life...I am a great admirer of this book and its writer Paulo Cohelo..The way he has given the concept of soul of the universe is simple amazing...

No doubt the character played by Will Smith in the movie "The Pursuit of Happiness" is also indicated in his off-screen life as analyzed from this video...!!!

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Like you OnlineHelper, I will definitely be checking out "The Alchemist" in the near future, Will Smith gives it great praise and I look forward to reading it. I already tried to purchase it from Audible.co.uk but they don't seem to have an English version of it.

What was the main lesson or lessons you learned from it?

Yes it's a great movie with an excellent analysis of the level of work and dedication required in order to achieve real success. I have it on DVD but it's some time since I watched it, will watch it again soon.

5. hetalhet

hetalhet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks a lot Fergal for posting this Video. Great Inspirational Video..

Even I am a big Fan of The Alchemist book. Just completed one week ago but I was completely thrilled by reading it.

The lesson that I took from it is:
    If you are passionate about something, if you wish something to chase by heart, the nature, the super power heps you to achieve it. Its like the low of attraction but for that you need to understand yourself..

But I also felt that reading it once is not enough as it has meaning for all written in it. If I will read it again, I will learn something else..

#5 hetalhet, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  6. robertclarkmtfs

robertclarkmtfs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is one of my favorite videos to watch for motivation. Always gets me pumped.

7. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal, I learned that no matters what the world thinks of you, what other people do to you..the thing that really matters is your dedication and love for your goals....

When you want to achieve anything with heart, the whole universe get involves in helping you out to accomplish your mission..So don't say no..Just follow the Omens...

The pursuit of happiness is also one such movie which will never make you bore no matter how many times you have watched it before...:)

8. Arcaign

Arcaign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its funny, I just came across this last night on my iphone why laying in bed. The analogy of how you don't just start with a wall but a single brick really hit home for me in that everything has a process... Follow it.

9. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Will Smith did a great job for this motivational thoughts. be personally held back my slef to listen to him, get idea and more often apply it on my own. Thanks for sharing.

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks Scifi, I've ordered "The Alchemist" from Amazon and will start reading it soon.