inquiry about advertising for a small niche

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Davidj, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Davidj

Davidj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everyone,

I have an inquiry about advertising for my Irish (Gaeilge) teaching service. So far, adwords is the only way that I have gotten any clients. There must be another way, but I can't think of any new ideas. So far, I have done the following:

1. Connected several Irish-American Groups
    2. Posted on Forums
    3. Posted in small directories
    4. Posted on Ezine articles
    5. Posted on classified advertisement websites

Sincerely,

DavidJ

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sounds like you are doing a lot of the right things David. Promotion and marketing often take time to get results, it is not unusual for someone to make their first purchase from a business a year after they first heard of them. Another option you could consider is listing your service on http://www.craigslist.org

3. Davidj

Davidj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ah, so true. I must keep on then. You must plant seeds before they can grow.

4. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

do you think Gaeilge needed to be learned by tourists? if so maybe advertising on travel sites will also work.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Davidj

Davidj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ah, Brilliant idea ownedbox! Thanks much.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

David have you given some thought to your niche market, i.e. who your potential customers are in terms of age, gender, nationality, where they live, interests, hobbies, websites they visit, newspapers or magazines they read, etc? Spending some time on this will be most helpful in deciding how you will market to them and build awareness of your service.

7. Davidj

Davidj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have indeed, but I'm not completely sure how to market toward these ideas. For example, how does one market toward customers who read a certain magazine?

8. Bwendo

Bwendo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As a free guide I would identify similar businesses to yours, across theinternet and backlinkmine their domain - ie, use their domain in a links:http://www.theirdomain.com search and see how they have achieved links.

Often you will see a dozen or more business listing directories that offer free submission - it is merely your time and effort to enter the required information and even upload some images.

Next, I would start a blog using your most lucrative keywords as the name and post regular updates on the niche so you establish your blog over time as an authoritative resource. This may sound pretentious but over time you will be surprised the amount of information you can collate. Plus, people are genuinely interested to see how you are doing and what your opinion is.

Third, although it may be a little more risky, try buying links on bid for rank directories - you can get surprisingly good exposure for a small outlay. Again, be judicious and go for a slow organic build.

Another Idea is sponsoring a prize at local schools - like top of year for the language gets a $50 voucher or something. Plenty of exposure and little cost.

Good Luck! ...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I promise I am not trying to be facetious, but how about advertising in the magazine? Another way would be a mailing list of people who read certain types of magazines, if such a list is available. I know that there are mailing lists available based on location, gender, income level but I'm not sure how deep these categories go. Asking some of the companies that provide such lists would probably help.

• Like Like x 1
  10. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Above strategic is more on off page marketing and most of it is limit to text content, try put some interesting content to your website instead of external site. Note: content is not limited to text, it can graphic, video, software or template.

Fatcow is a web hosting company, they offer icon set for public download, so that the site able to attract more traffic and referral link.

http://www.fatcow.com/free-icons

11. eelizasanchez121

eelizasanchez121
    uix_expand uix_collapse

David Niche website Posting i very loving to Google. But all these techniques fall under off page optimization. You also need to increase the quality of your own website. SO that you can be worthy to get the good rank also.

12. abhirampathak3

abhirampathak3
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are doing correct things. I can suggest you to do Blog commenting and guest posting with relevant site. This is the right way to get page rank and more traffic.

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd agree with joeroxx, if you know that your target customers read a certain magazine try advertising in that magazine. You may even find a way to get some publicity in the magazine without having to pay for it. E.g. perhaps they would be prepared to accept and publish a press release about your new business or even have one of their reporters chat to you and write a story about your business. Try to think of ways that your story could be of interest to their readers and then contact their journalist team.

If the magazine is out of your reach in some way, e.g. if it is a national magazine that would be too expensive for you to advertise in, perhaps you can find a similar themed local magazine, or perhaps a blog on the same topic, that would hence also be of interest to your potential customers.

14. Davidj

Davidj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ah, interesting! Thanks for the info :} I"ll search around.