Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by tasneemjaved, Mar 2, 2012.
Can anyone here guide me and tell me about what is SEO and from where I can learn free
You can start with the Featured Threads in the "Sales & Marketing, Online Promotion & SEO" section in this forum. Although this will give you a start, you're not going to learn everything you need to know free. You'll need to invest in books or classes to really learn a lot. Even then, SEO is always changing, so it's a continuous learning process, but you can probably keep up with that by subscribing to blogs from reputable organizations and publications. If you get stuck, you can always return to BAF, and ask a more specific question here.
I'm a firm believer you can learn anything for free! The internet provides so much. And if not, hopefully you have a public library near by.
You can find the list at http://www.businessadviceforum.com/...mp-Marketing-Online-Promotion-amp-SEO-Threads
As oakco previously stated, the internet does provide a lot for you to learn. Google is a great tool to use.
This video explain what is SEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hF515-0Tduk
Follow below tutorial:
Whenever you enter a query in a search engine and hit 'enter' you get a list of web results that contain that query term. Users normally tend to visit websites that are at the top of this list as they perceive those to be more relevant to the query. If you have ever wondered why some of these websites rank better than the others then you must know that it is because of a powerful web marketing technique called Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Here's a good guide to on what is SEO, by SEOmos. - http://www.seomoz.org/beginners-guide-to-seo
Thanks a lot, really it is good guide, but are anywhere more detail guide ?? many little moments I didn't find there.
Read more in the Sales & Marketing, Online Promotion & SEO section in this forum, Hope that will help you.
For keyword research you need some decent software if you want to do it yourself and there is more of a learning curve, for link building and content creation you should be able to do it yourself with a simple spreadsheet to keep track of what you've done
SEO - Search Engine Optimization
Part I - On-Page Optimization
Part II - Off-Page Optimization
There are lot of factors involved in on-page optimization, which effects Search Engine Rankings. In my point of view, if you complete the on-page optimization, you are half way through SEO.
The major known factor in On-page Optimization are as follows:
1. Title tag : Best Practice is title should be within 60-72 Characters which contains your main keywords. (or 6-12 words). Each page should have its own Title.
2. Meta Tags : Meta tags are generally used to guide the Search Engine bots/crawlers. The most frequently used tags are Meta Description and Meta keywords. there are other tags called meta revisit, meta owner etc.,
3. Header tag : Header Tags are one of the most important factor which tells what your pages are all about to the End User or SE Bots. I would prefer to USE H1, H2 and H3 at least once in the page with keywords.
4. Anchor text: Optimize your internal linking structure with anchor text optimization. Navigate your pages with keyword rich anchor text. Which will give more importance to your internal link building.
5. Image tag : Name all your images with image alt tag. Keyword rich image alt tags will be more efficient.
Off-Page Optimization is nothing but a link building methods. You can choose what ever strategies and sources for your link building. But you should choose your links from authority.
major Link building methods are as follows:
3. Blog Comments / Posts
4. Forum Signatures
6. Link Exchange
7. RSS feed
8. Link Wheel through web2.0 sites and so on...
Hope you understand the basics of SEO.
what kind of soft it is ? is it some special programmes or usual ? can you list it some names of such one.
For keyword research, you can use Google Keyword tool for free.
Hi Seo is good things thats we can learn to make our website popular in online market.
There are any site in market offer best study material like www.w3schools.com
W3school tutorial is more on coding, any relate to SEO?
In China, few people know seo site like ours, how to operate thehighjewelry com