INFO - Matt Cutts Say SEO Is Dead!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by fish, Sep 22, 2012.

1. fish

fish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's official. Google is now starting to penalize sites that are using SEO to rank in the SERP. I think this is the end for us who use black hat techniques.:(

hxxp://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/another-step-to-reward-high-quality.html

2. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's a good news for the SEO who follows white hat techniques. The link which you had given is of April 2012 which I think most of the SEO's knows. Is there anything new

3. Jason520

Jason520
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Concentrating on the white seo hat.
    Focus on the content. !

4. Jacob_Thompson

Jacob_Thompson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

After recent Google Panda and Penguin updates, spamming should totally be avoided. White hat SEO took place of Black hat SEO. SEO now becomes mind game.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That article doesn't say that SEO is dead, in fact at the very start it says;
    Google are trying not to reward blackhat SEO, by penalising sites that engage in those practices. This is a good thing for ordinary users of Google's search engine and it is a good thing for those who provide ethical white hat SEO services to their clients.

6. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

black hat SEO no doubt is dead when the time google start implement panda. However, white hat SEO is still working, just the SEO is not carry heavy weight as previous, the google are giving more focus on the content as well

• Like Like x 1
  7. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is getting difficult, but not dead. Beside links and content, SEO nowadays also take social signal, web UI, and site speed as ranking metric. SEO is not dead, but link builder is dead.

Here is another similar thread for discussion.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree with altcom. SEO is not dead, but bad SEO can now hurt you much more than it can help you.

In the past, even people with good sites might be tempted to throw in a little low-value SEO, not necessarily black hat but certainly not the type of link building that provides legitimate signals to the search engines. Now, that "noise" can actually be harmful to your site's ranking.

9. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is called the filtration of bad things from the good things. Substrate will the get out from the searches. Looking forward

10. williamluke01

williamluke01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you that seo is now become a mind game!But i surprised after see that title "Matt Cutts Say SEO Is Dead" Seo is a important factor of google which helps to identify who is rat between sheep.