Increase Traffic form US

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by saniathomas, Feb 14, 2011.

1. saniathomas

saniathomas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have one SEO Services website. Monthly traffic is 3000 visitors out of which 200 visitors from US. I have to increase visitors from US. Can any one suggest.. How can it be increased.

2. Richard Edmonds

Richard Edmonds
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You're running an SEO service website, correct? Shouldn't you already know this? ;)

Are any of your clients US based? Do they know of any websites or companies that require services that you offer? Word of mouth can play a vital role, especially in SEO where proof of results is regularly required. Do you have a US office, or are you solely based in India? Also, where are the 2700 visitors coming from?

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Richard makes an excellent point. I did some research, and found that of the 39 phrases for which your site is ranked in Google's top twenty, every one of the phrases that has anything to do with SEO has either "india", "new delhi", or "delhi" in the phrase. Obviously, someone in the US looking for SEO services is not going to search companies in india. Also, your site is ranked on page 2 for 28 of your 39 phrases. As Richard mentioned, proof of results is required in SEO. If you cannot get results for your own site, how can expect your prospective clients to believe you can get results for them?
    Obviously, since we are in the same business, I cannot reveal too much to someone who wants to become a competitor, but there are basic steps that any SEO firm should take, and, as Richard pointed out, you should already know those.

4. mv5869

mv5869
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to target the US you should set that in Google Webmaster tools too. Its debatable how much effect this has on SERPs, but as your TLD doesnt help this is well worth doing.

5. onlinemarketing

onlinemarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Well I think then you need to advertise your website locally for getting traffic. Like you can join US based forums, social media sides, articles even local classifieds also.

Thanks

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

saniathomas if the majority of your business will come from the US and you want to improve your rankings for search engine queries completed in the US you might consider hosting your site on a server located in the US, that will help you to be recognised as a US site.

Most of the text on your site refers to SEO services relating to India. You could improve your rankings for US terms such as "US SEO" by including text related to those keywords on your site. You could do this by referring to your US based clients and the fact that you provide SEO services to the US.

7. imhsar

imhsar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These things are ok..but how can we attract us crowd. It is not so easy ...

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That depends on what kind of crowd you want to attract and where you want to attract them to. If you start a new thread in this section, with a little more info on your requirements you will get helpful responses to your question.

9. imhsar

imhsar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal.. But I don't know how we should start to do. Can you tell me how you work? Whenever you get the projects , what is your preferences for marketing.

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I communicate the primary benefits to the target market. How you do that depends on the product or service being promoted and the market segment you are targeting. What type of product or service are you promoting and what is your target market?

11. imhsar

imhsar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Generally we produce automotive sites... which are not easy to handle. Anyhow we have to market our site and get ranked in Google ...

12. saniathomas

saniathomas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2700 visitors are coming from india, UK, Canada, Ireland, Australia etc. 2300 visitors are from India and rest 400 from other countries. Yes we have a lot of clients from US, UK and Australia.

I am already doing all basic SEO tasks like participating in US based forums, Posting Business Classifieds but still not getting good number of visitors from US. Is there any other way to improve it a month or two.

13. OliviaSSLGuru

OliviaSSLGuru
    uix_expand uix_collapse

try using geo meta keywords. Such keywords does not uses a particular location. If your main keyword is SEO India, how can you possibly be ranked in us market. Even your site won't be listed in the search results.

14. experttalk

experttalk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I read all answers except BA Admin Fergal try to use some US Social media websites like Myspace and other social networking websites that basically targeted US
    y dont u try US business Directory and Classifieds

15. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

As an SEO professional, you should know that getting substantial results takes more than a month or two. You should also know that in order to get substantial results, you should be doing more than the "basic SEO tasks". Try pursuing key words that do not specify a location, and, use the same methods that you use to get your client's sites ranked. If they work for your clients, they should work for yours. Depending on the results you get, you would either have results you can use to promote your marketing methods, or you would know where your own methods need to change.

16. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with joeroxx that "doing more than the basic SEO methods" is the best way to go.
    No offense, but I can't really understand why someone who only knew basic SEO decided to start an SEO business.?

17. saniathomas

saniathomas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We want to get ranked for the keyword "SEO India" in Google US. Even if my website is hosted in US and also ranking at the first page on www.google.com but when i check Google US results by placing &GL=US. Our website is not ranking in first 100 results. Can you suggest what should i do.

Can u give me some free Local US base forum, Social media and article sites.
    Thanks in advance

#17 saniathomas, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2011
  18. Transcribe

Transcribe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

List your site in local US directories.

19. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You may want to start with social media sites and the most popular ones in the US are Twitter and FaceBook. You can find some very useful discussions on how to use these sites in the "Twitter & FaceBook" section of our Featured Sales & Marketing + Online Promotion & SEO Threads.

Business Advice Forum is hosted in the US and we receive lots of traffic from the US, so right here is a good place for you to start with forums. You are welcome to advertise in our Member Ads & Marketplace section.

You can find a good list of article sites here.

20. saniathomas

saniathomas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks a lot for sharing this information.. It would be great if you can provide some more US based article and Press Release sites.