Increase Sales? How?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by JuicyCafe, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JuicyCafe

JuicyCafe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I work at one of the malls here on my area as a sales associates. My job is to assist customers and convince them to buy the product. So far so good. But I just talked to my boss and I tell her that I want to increase my salary, she then told me that I need to increase my sales before she take to consider it. But I don't know how and I have done all my best. What do you think I should do?

2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To increase the sales, you need to provide good service and good after sell service to your customer. It might take you some time to move toward success but the result is accumulate. If you recent customer is happy with your service, sure they will introduce their friend to buy your product

3. JuicyCafe

JuicyCafe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have regular customers, but not a lot. Tried that thing before. May I know what do you mean by after sell service?

4. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

After sell service mean you need to helps your customer if they need any helps/request related to the product after they buy the product. At the same time, try to get some feedback about the product from your customer as well

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What type of store do you work in Narci, what do you sell?

6. JuicyCafe

JuicyCafe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

have done that already, but thanks for suggestion though.

I am selling guitars and other musical instruments fergal, which I can say that is really hard to get a customers. We also tried playing some music ( Live Band ) with other workers since we have a talents using the instruments just to get them buy. I do enjoy this kind of work because I love playing musics, but it makes me think that I want to leave it because of the salary. My salary per day is only $6 per day for 8 hours when converted to peso. heh :(

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try to get your customer contact, send them a regards or e-card time to time. At the same times, get know more on their needs, send the latest product / accessory to them based on their needs. To increase the sales need some times, all the best!!!

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Narci does your store provide guitar lessons? Potential customers would be more inclined to buy, if they were confident that they could commence lessons with a good teacher. If your store does not have someone to give the lessons you might be able to recommend someone who can. In return they could recommend you to their customers, who wish to buy a guitar, so both of you could benefit from the arrangement.

Are there any tourists in the town or city where your store is located? If you could build up awareness of your store among the tourist population, it could become a "cool" place to visit and you should be able to sell them quality guitars at a much lower cost than they can get them in their own country.

Does your store have a website? If not, you could establish an online presence free of charge, by creating a FaceBook fan page for the store. This would be a great way to spread the word about your store, keep in touch with your existing customers and inform potential buyers of special offers that you are running.

9. JuicyCafe

JuicyCafe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal, we don't offer guitar lessons and we can't offer it.

Some tourists go to malls so yes. Some bought and some don't. They like to watch our FREE performance instead. lol

I use only one website (forum) to promote my products which is targetting buyer from our area only.. but I don't have any website as of the moment.

Thanks for suggestion.

10. Chanwho

Chanwho
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Get cards with your personal details on and give them to everyone who buys from you, it's one thing to say it, it's another to give them the means to do so on a personal level. Tell them any problems to contact you personally. They will then be more likely to pass on your own details to friends and family due to the fact you were so helpful.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Does your shop have flyers or posters printed that you could use to promote the store? You could try displaying them at some of the following locations;

• Local primary and secondary schools
    • Third level colleges and universities
    • Music venues and bars
    • Music schools
    • Libraries
    • Government agencies and support centres
    • Cafes and restaurants

Many of these places will allow you to put up a poster or flyer for free.

12. vanessagarcia1

vanessagarcia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your job is not only sale of your products but attention on after selling process like warranty period serves . Contact with customer to know about customer's reviews and try to overcome problem.

13. BanneyHill

BanneyHill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Want to increase sales dramatically? Then shift your sales focus from attracting new customers to enticing your proven customers to buy again. The best sales prospect is a prospect that’s already converted – in other words, one of your current customers.

Think of it this way; if your business is located in a small town with a population of 1000 people and you sell a sprocket to everyone in that town, man, woman, and child, you’ve sold 1000 sprockets – and saturated your market. Your sprocket selling days are over. Is it time to pack up and move on?

14. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What Fergal suggested above is worth a shot.

Try to offer spot guitar lessons for guitar newbies, drum lessons for drum newbies, etc.

By the way, hope you don't take this the wrong way, but...how well can you play any of the musical instruments you're selling? When it comes to musical instruments (same with computers and gadgets), sometimes customers back off a sale if they see that the salesperson they're dealing with has only limited working knowledge of the product.

This goes especially for customers who really know how to wield and play their instruments. Like, I have this friend who's a total music freak. He could play electric guitar, bass, piano/organ and drums. He often walks into music stores, checks out new stuff and banters with the sales clerks there. You see what he does is he sometimes pretends he doesn't know how to play guitar, etc and goes along with the sales pitch of the salesperson. He listens intently if the salesperson really knows what he's talking about (or just talking crap.) At the end of the pitch (especially if my friend sees the sales talk is all crap), he drops his ignorant act, picks up a guitar or bass or whatever to test it and puts on a show before the dumbfounded salespeople. Then he puts down the instrument, thanks the folks at the store and quietly walks out.

My point here is: know your product, inside and out. Be a product expert. Customers put a lot of weight on the words of an expert and usually they buy when an expert tells them to.

Other possible ways you can look at is: spend some time in local music rehearsal studios, local band gigs, tap into the network of up-and-coming or aspiring musicians...get to know these people and casually let them know about your product/s.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers.

15. vijo

vijo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Working as a sales executive presents its own challenges and demands that many outside the profession do not understand. simple reminders about how to approach your career can go a long way in producing results and giving you the edge you need to be successful in your endeavors.

Relax
    # Energy is contagious and people can detect when you desperately need a sale. Gear your mind every morning to believe that the day ahead is going to be successful. See that each person you encounter is more than a potential client or sale. Relax when talking to people and treat them as friends. Push out thoughts of desperation and anxiety and take a deep breath every time you prepare for a meeting.

Handling Rejection
    # Sales executives suffer as much rejection, if not more, as artists and actors on a daily basis. Constantly hearing "no" has its effects on even the most tenacious and driven personality types. Keeping a positive attitude helps you accept that rejection and is part of the process. Staying positive will help you get through those tough moments. Decide to hear "not now" when someone says "no" in regards to what you have to offer. Remain positive and relational, keeping in mind it is your job to offer a service, not just make a sale.

Time Management
    # It's all too easy to waste time tracking down leads that lead nowhere. To better navigate the waters of successful sales, keep track of what is working for you and how you spend your day. Every month do an evaluation of what has led to sales and what has not. Invest slightly more time in the things that are working and wean off the things that are not. Don't forget to count social activities and overlooked opportunities that led to something profitable. Sometimes just being you is the biggest improvement of all.

Sell Relationship
    # Commit to improving yourself as a person and improving how you communicate with the people in your life. Find a balance between your social life and your work life. Having a full life outside of work with family and friends will help you improve your interpersonal skills. A genuine, relationship-based approach to sales makes people feel confident in choosing you as their sales executive.

16. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good introduction with the product, proper build up or advertising, most powerful is word of the mouth.

17. Caleb Spilchen

Caleb Spilchen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When a customer comes along, it's like a visitor to a website, your goal is to get them to convert into a paying customer. Be nice and Courteous, tell them your name, and make sure when you have an interested customer, that you give them a deal or something, make them feel special.

18. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You've had some fantastic advice already! :) I'll try add a little more.

Narci, you said that tourists enjoy the free performance. Could you combine that with a promotion, like offering them all a 10% discount as a thank you for listening, and have someone standing on the sidelines handing them flyers with a discount coupon on it?

What RemoteStaff said was very valid.

So true. I used to work for an outdoors company in sales and service and the experienced customers expect you to have technical knowledge far beyond what's in the brochures. And if you take pride in your job, you should be willing to learn that! Learn everything you can about the products, especially the more high end ones because it'll be the experts that will come looking for those. You need to demonstrate (subtly!) that you know as much or more than they do when they get you into a conversation about the tech side of it or they ask questions because if they think you're not up to speed and know what you're talking about, they won't buy in case they have problems later.

To sell those, you have to be ready for every question. Show you're confident the quality of the product justifies the high price and why.

Go to the manufacturer's site and read up on them. If there's any tech spec you don't understand ask your boss and if he doesn't know, ask their customer service. Because you can bet that the customer standing in your store's looked at it online too and maybe even wondered the same thing. Some of the knowledgeable ones like to ask you things just to test you, believe it or not. Be ready. Get a brochure from the manufacturer too. Most offer them online.

The more you know, the more confident you'll come across as a sales person. Just don't pressure the customer! They hate that. Hope that helps.

One last thing, how do you approach the customers when they come in the store or while they're browsing? We may be able to give you some help on that if you can describe what you'd do if say I was to walk in.

19. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Being well versed with the product is utmost important, and an ability to gauge the customer's interest quickly and high light those aspects of the product which he would find interesting.thats a start.

20. bassamy

bassamy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should shift your business to trade online through the publication of specifications, musical instruments for fans of purchase and delivery of sales for the place where the client wants

You can also create a Group to the various sites such as Facebook and invite a lot of work and promotions for your products

#20 bassamy, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.