In need of an e commerce storefront cant afford $1500 fee anyone who can help

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Andreas Vanaerde, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Andreas Vanaerde

Andreas Vanaerde
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I AM IN NEED OF AN ECOMERCE STOREFRONT .. SHOPPING CART ETC .. TO SELL GIFT ITEMS .. ORIENTAL AND OTHER EXOTIC CRAFT A WEBSITE DESIGNED LIKE THIS : www.morient.com
    SO FAR ALL THE QUOTES FOR THE WORK NEEDED I HAVE RECEIVED WERE BETWEEN $1500.00 AND $2500.00
    ANYONE WHO HAS A CHEAPER SOLUTION FOR MY PROBLEM ??

2. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you should have to try shopify for getting a shopping cart. Which CMS your using ?

• Like Like x 1
  3. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your best bet is using something like Wordpress and using an E-commerce plugin. You can probably do most of the work yourself. Or use a service like shopify like printingray recommended.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Andreas Vanaerde

Andreas Vanaerde
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i have not done anything yet ; right now i am educating myself in just how to build a website .. I am a complete freshmen when it comes to web design ..

5. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quite honestly you really should look at Wordpress then. You can get some quality, low cost hosting that offers a free script installer. This will install Wordpress for you and create the database. You can then search for a nice free Wordpress theme or an even better a nicer low cost theme (I've seen great ones for as little as $45).

Or you can pay someone to design a custom theme for you for a few hundred dollars. (But you should be good to start with a free or low cost theme). Find a decent free e-commerce plugin and set up shop. wpStoreCart is one example but there are many.

Wordpress may seem a little daunting at first. Especially when you're first starting out but it's very easy to learn. If you dedicate a few hours a day to it, you'll be designing your shop in no time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agree shopify is just nice for those who need a ecommerce site that without knowledge in coding. We have few client, the designer only help to insert product during first time setup, subsequent update require additional charges, end up the site stay long with no new product update.

• Like Like x 1
  7. zeropid

zeropid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you don't have enough knowledge you can find some e-commerce hosts which can provide you e-commerce templates

• Like Like x 1
  8. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have to create an eCommerce site, chose the CMS that's intended as a shopping cart than a blog because eventually just like who used wordpress before have move to an eCommerce CMS because the updates of wp and the ecommerce plugins has compatibility issues.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Andreas Vanaerde

Andreas Vanaerde
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks for the advice printingray .. It was very helpful..

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

BUT THEY CHARGE ONLY $30 A MONTH .. AND YOU CAN UPLOAD NEW PRODUCTS ANYTIME.. THATS ALL I NEEDED A SIMPLE SITE .WHERE I CAN KEEP UPLOADING MY NEW ITEMS .. THE ISSUE WAS THE STARUP COST.. FOR ME TO PAY SOME ONE TO BUILD AND COMPLETELY DO AN E COMMERCE SITE WAS BEYOND MY BUDGET ..

10. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if you are currently hosted, all you need is to create a subdomain of your site an may install prestashop. Its free and you can upload your products there.

• Like Like x 1
  11. sophieperrone

sophieperrone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I strongly recommend hire web developer who can developed your website using CMS like magento, PrestaShop etc. The main advantage of CMS is; you will not have to pay monthly fees. One of my friend has just developed such website (it was custom) and working very well. Check your PM.

• Like Like x 1
  12. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am currently using prestashop for my online shop. It took me weeks to learn it though but its worth. I just ask the people in thier forum when there's something I didn't understand. I recommend Prestashop - http://www.prestashop.com

• Like Like x 2
  13. sophieperrone

sophieperrone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yea, prestashop is very good option for small inventory as you can have everything you want starting from SEO friendly url, meta tags and payment gateway too.

I just don't like the way they re-write SEO friendly URL (they include some numbers in url). If you have some solution of this issue; kindly share it.