Improve the No. 1 ranking in Google?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by michelbastos11, Jun 17, 2010.

1. michelbastos11

michelbastos11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I aimed of getting my site on the #1 position in the Google ranking, and I was successful through the best SEO tools. However, I did not know what to do next. I knew that I have to maintain the position as long as I can. But, the question was how! While I was thinking of the solution, I realized that keeping the site at the No. 1 rank on any search engine is not an easy task at all. It was very difficult to retain the strong hold on that distinction. If you have a trick to improve my position, then please share it with me.

2. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Could you share with us the term you are trying to achieve the #1 ranking?

Getting that number one ranking means knocking off your competitors. You have to see what they have done to rank in the top 5 and why they stay there for so long. Adapting their techniques will be essential in achieving that spot as well.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

michelbastos11 well done on getting to the number one position in Google for your search term. My suggestions would be as follows;

1. Keep doing some of whatever you did to get to No. 1. This will help you to maintain that position.
    2. Pick another search term / keyword and start building your rankings for this new term. The more terms your site ranks for, the more traffic it will get.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Fergal is right - keep doing whatever it was that got you to #1 in the first place. I would also like to add my congrats for doing it on your own. As you may know, promoting your site for the search engines is not something you can do until you reach your goal, and then stop. As dotDavid mentioned, getting to #1 means knocking a competitor off. They're not going to be happy about that, and at least eight other competitors will want to be were you are - and that's only on page 1.
    I am concerned about your use of the word "tricks". You want to stay away from any techniques that may be considered "black hat", as they could wind up getting you banned.

5. WildCat

WildCat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just want to ask michelbastos11 how quickly he managed to get #1 in Google? Also I think that if you go on maintaining and doing some SEO, your position will be high at least for some time.

6. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The only "trick" I can suggest is that you keep building backlinks to your site. That's going to help a lot in maintaining your website in no. 1 position.

7. davelampord

davelampord
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To improve the ranking in Google, you should keep doing whatever it is that you did to reach there. Reach your goal and then promote your website for search engines.

8. linerrobert

linerrobert
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To get a better ranking in a Search engine like Google, Try all possible ways to get there like SEO, SEM, SMO PPC, Affilate marketing, etc. All these techniques will help you achieve what you are trying to achieve

9. drickparker

drickparker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To improve the ranking in Google, you should keep doing whatever it is that you did to reach there. Reach your goal and then promote your website for search engines.

10. Henry_Jakson

Henry_Jakson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You don’t necessarily need to increase your ranking to get more traffic. You can always get more clicks by simply putting out a more compelling, more engaging listing. Even when you rank 1 there’s still a lot you can gain by making your website stand out.
    A bit of basics first. So, your search listing is made up of 3 core elements:
    1. The title
    2. Text description (snippet)
    3. The URL of the webpage

11. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's not correct. If you're looking for organic search engine traffic it is necessary
    to increase your website's ranking. Being on top 1 position will always result in
    more clicks(traffic) than being on positions 2, 3, etc. Some studies revealed that
    the difference in number of clicks between the first two positions is over four
    times, i.e., number 1 position gets four times more clicks than number 2.
    According to this same source, the first three positions get 79% of the traffic.

In this particular case, michelbastos11 doesn't need to increase ranking because his
    website is already on position 1, what he's looking for is to stay there for as long as
    possible and that can be achieved using a sound backlink building strategy.

12. xanderlangley

xanderlangley
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Rightly said increase in back links from good pr sites will surely increase your domain's authority and will help you to stabilize your position in google.

13. Seavenseaspasalon

Seavenseaspasalon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello

As far as SEO(Search Engine Optimization ) is concerned, Links are Very Important Factor for Taking a website to High Rank On Search Engine like Google, Yahoo, Bing..at the other end link relevancy also plays a crucial role for getting high ranking to your website, also keep in mind that it should not be reciprocal.

Recently Google webmaster updated for quality link:- To Have a Quality links we need to take care of link relevancy and submissions should be on High PR websites as Do-follow high PR link is vital important for organic searching.

14. pwsolutions

pwsolutions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if you have achieved a good rank, you should now start working on increasing your website PR along with the optimziation strategies. it will help you to sustain your position.

15. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you can still constantly do what you've been doing. competitors also want the position you got so they're probably working tirelessly to get it.

16. Arlind

Arlind
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, keep doing whatever you've done so far but with a bit slower rate.

17. igorvolseo

igorvolseo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi...
    you get a better ranking in google or other search engine website,try all possible ways like SEO,( keeword related article submission , directory,social bookmarking ,forum submitting,preesrelese submission,etc..)SEM, PPC etc.