Improve at things

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by improveathings, Jun 26, 2013.

1. improveathings

improveathings
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some of days before i was went in my office and check my total budget status mean incoming and outgoing money, when i reached at last step after all recoveries there is no big profit in my business in a month, so i decided about improve at things, also in this matter i need some business owner's help for suggestion than i can recover my all things. And also than i can continue more office work. Also i have total 8 member's in my office including Manager.
    Please give me your thoughts what i need to do???

Thanks

2. investormart

investormart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can you tell me the name of your business?according to that I will suggest you.....

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum improveathings, thanks for asking your business questions.

What type of business do you have?

What have you been doing so far, to increase revenue and reduce costs?

4. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome improveatthings To BusinessAdviceForum.

Before we can provide you proper suggestion. A simple question to you; What kind of business do you run?

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I already asked that in the post above yours :)

6. iggypop

iggypop
    uix_expand uix_collapse

as the posters above said we need more info.. but based on what your saying I would suggest taking a thorough deep analysis of your cost's and find ways to minimize them by brainstorming.

7. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hii improveathings :) Welcome To Business Advice Forum.
    You should keep an eye on all you employees and colleagues, is there any problem with them,are they cheating you or making any type of scandals in the firm.

8. sangit

sangit
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi improveathings I think you need to invest more based on your business type.And staffs also need to be modified or trained.You should also come up with the best strategy after complete survey or research.

9. thealchemist

thealchemist
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Hello improveatthings, what type of marketing strategy to you have? Maybe you can improve your revenue by reaching more potential customers who may be interested in what you are selling.

10. platnumcn

platnumcn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey improveatthings, hello and welcome to BAF.

I dunno what your business is, but what i feel is that it needs promotion and planning. Promotion to reach the target audience and planning to make sure that you know that the right amount of money is going in the right direction. And you check your records regularly till the profit is stabilized rather than checking after regular intervals.

11. alicemenezes

alicemenezes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Businesses take time to show profits. A few months atleast.

12. shane

shane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is hard to give you good advice without knowing the type of business you are in or having any details about the financial data you are looking at. Are you selling a physical item, or offering a service? If selling a physical item, is it one that you manufacture or are you just distributing it?

When you set your selling price you had to have made some assumptions about your cost structure. I would look at your actual costs and compare them to the assumptions. Is your selling price high enough to cover direct costs and contribute to paying your overhead? How many units a month must you move at your current selling price to at least break even? How does that compare to your actual sales units? What is the elasticity of demand for your good/service? In other words, how much does the demand change as you adjust the selling price up or down? Are you making an ok profit but not seeing it in your account yet due to cash flow and inventory movements?

I think you are on the right track with your questions, but without more details we are only able to offer generic advice. I wish you great success.