imports used tyres from germany to Poland

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by dako3635, Oct 5, 2010.

1. dako3635

dako3635
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello.
    It's getting winter and with winter snow and ice on the Polish streets. I know that used tyres in germany are much more cheep than in Poland. One used tyre in Poland someone can buy for about 7-8 euro. I don't exactly know how it is in german but I heard that I could buy there one tyre for about 1-2 euro.
    How do you think ? Is it a good idea to buy several hundrads tyres in germany and sell it in Poland?

I'm really sory for my English but I'm just 19 years old student from Poland.

Thanks very much for any ansvers.

2. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You will probably find used tyres in Germany cheaper than Poland as in Germany most of the market is company cars and they get changed on a regular basis. Do you already know somewhere you can get the tyres from?

Before you do anything factor in how much it will cost you to transport the tyres back to Poland and any costs for storage.

3. dako3635

dako3635
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't already know from where to get the tryres but I'm looking for some offerts in the Internet and I'm hopeful that I'll find something interesting near Polish border.

If I find something interesting I would drive for those tyres by myself and then transports should'd been more expensive than 200-250 euro.

Have anyone know were is cheeper in the West german or in the East german?
    And second thing, how could I looking for used tyres in other way than through the Internet?

If something what I wrote is abstract let me know about it.

Best regards
    Dawid

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum dako3635, no need to apologise for your English, your posts are well written and very easy to understand.

Have you looked into any potential legal implications of selling used tyres in Poland?

That's probably the first thing to verify. Look up some tyre based businesses and tyre recyclers in Germany, then contact them and ask how much they will sell to you for. If you find a cheap supplier then great, you will have identified a business opportunity that's worth exploring further. If you can't find a cheap supplier then you won't have a business and there will be no need to research other aspects of the business.

If you can find a low cost supplier and there are no laws to stop you from re-selling their tyres then plan it out and go for it.

As it's all just Germany now, I would be surprised if there was any major price difference between East and West. Find as many potential suppliers as you can and then start contacting them, get quotes from them and compare their prices. Obviously you will need to be conscious of quality, suppliers of lower quality tyres should obviously be cheaper.

If there is a German embassy or trade consulate in Poland (I'd imagine there is), try contacting them and ask if they can recommend suppliers or any other contacts that could help you find tyre sellers from Germany. Other approaches would be to try and find some relevant business networks or industry associations, ask them if they could recommend any suppliers or if they could advise you on how to find them.

Good luck with it!

5. Naresh Bagga

Naresh Bagga
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I am (Name is Naresh Bagga) the supplier for used tyres (from GERMANY).
    My eamil address is-
    nbagga60 at gmail.com

If you give me the full details of what exactly you want the I can quote the pĆ¼rice.

Regards,
    Naresh Bagga