Importing is fine! Exporting is the problem...

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by navast, Feb 2, 2010.

1. navast

navast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I run a firm that has its own production and imports from more than 4 countries (around 8 companies). Logistics, L/C, pricing, transport, organizing, ordering etc are the easy parts of my job.

I want to export, I am sure that my products will be successful in the new market but i don't know how to begin. Any suggestions?

thanks

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What kind of products do you wish to export?

What countries would you like to export to?

Can you please tell us a little about your target customers - e.g. will you be selling to other businesses or directly to individuals?

The more detail you can give us, the more we will be able to help and advise you.

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

4. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you set the countries and specially the company that you're going to export. Make sure if they really need your products.

I suggest you contact various companies that can need your product and then you may try to export them products according to the needs.

5. kittelsoncarpo

kittelsoncarpo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do marketing research first. In exporting abroad, the market is not the same on the other countries. They have preferences based on their culture, religion, etc. So the best thing you need to do is know your market, segment it based on your data gathered on your research. It is risky to export without proper marketing research.

6. Business Forms

Business Forms
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hiiiiii....... may i know which is that product and which are that countries ??:confused: as you say "I am sure that my products will be successful in the new market" so... i hope you made depth market study for the export....thats very good... try to short out list of that area where you want to export.. find out which one is best.. where is low risk... and high profit ... go for that... after that if you think... you can move on another area the go for it ...good luck my friend...:)

7. makatiofficespace

makatiofficespace
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should first conduct a research if it is suitable for you to take the risk of exporting. It is also important for you to classify the type of transaction that you do. Would it be a business to business transaction or a business to consumer transaction. You should also pick the right intermediary or a middle man.There are really lots of things to be consider but you should never exclude the research.

8. anatomymodel

anatomymodel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

9. sachac

sachac
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thirty percent of our business is export sales. The Latin countries in particular, have their non-tariff barriers which make it cumbersome to do business with, but there are many countries that are easy to do business with. If you could provide some more information especially country of origin and product line, I can be a lot more helpful.

10. fashionhandbagsl

fashionhandbagsl
    uix_expand uix_collapse

what is your target market and target clients? i need to think about this in your first step.