Importance of Pinterest in Marketing

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by swift, Jun 3, 2013.

1. swift

swift
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pinterest is able to generate more website visitor traffic than Google+, LinkedIn and
    YouTube combined

Pinterest users are prolific shoppers. They spend more money on more items more
    frequently than any other social networking site except for LinkedIn.

Up to 47% of online shoppers from the United States say that they have purchased
    an item based on a recommendation from Pinterest.

Close to 81% of American online consumers trust information, recommendations
    and advice coming from Pinterest.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Biz

Biz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I didn't know pinterest has enjoyed such widespread shoppers/consumers favor. For a relative newer SNS, that's impressive numbers.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

swift your post doesn't actually give suggestions on how to make money from Pinterest. Do you have anything to add?

4. swift

swift
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have just given an idea of how Pinterest is on rise as far as marketing an promotion is concerned for the last twelve months or so.
    I have something to offer regarding Pinterest in the form of PDFs and video tutorials.There is a lot of interest in Pinterest worldwide.

5. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your title says 'Make money from Pinterest' which to any normal person would mean a way of making money form the website whereas, the post is about the reach of pinterest and how it can be of use to marketers. So using a more apt title like 'Importance of Pinterest in marketing' would be much more relevant and helpful.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the suggestion Rocky, I have changed the title accordingly.

7. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its true.. I have myself seen a rise in traffic to my sites when I started promoting it on Pinterest. It was a meme site with nothing to sell so I cannot judge if its good to bring in the dough as well.. but its worth giving it a shot :)

8. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for that fergal. However, I was suggesting the OP to use relevant titles for future posts so it is easier for members to know what the thread is all about.

9. thealchemist

thealchemist
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

So how exactly do you generate traffic with pinterest? I've always wanted to learn to use pinterest with my social media marketing, however, when I go to the website I'm often intimidated by everything that is going on, plus navigating the website seems a bit of a hassle to newcomers like me.any suggestions anyone?

10. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pinterest is basically Twitter with Images. You share images which in turn may be shared by your followers making it reach out to more and more users. You have a group for similar kind of images known as the "Board". These boards may be followed by users so that whatever you share in that board is shown to them. The images you share are called Pins which are images with description and links to the site or the product page. For instance, if you sell gadgets and share an image of it which if an user sees and likes and wants to buy then he comes to your website. That is how it works.

Hope this helps.

11. williamjames732

williamjames732
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree because I also get lots of traffic from Pinterest.

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Would you mind expanding on that a little by sharing a little helpful information?

13. paggy

paggy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pinterest is a social media site that is rapidly taking over the online marketing scene. Pinterest was founded by Ben Silbermann and it makes use of pin boards to share things such as products, services and events and share photos and images.
    1)Pinterest has been fast growing and has new signups happening every day
    2)Pinterest ranks highly in the search engine listings because it receives high traffic in viewing; much higher than Google Plus and LinkedIn.
    3)Pinterest will help you draw so much traffic in viewers to your site.
    4)Pinterest has a way of rapidly increasing your site’s viewership because it allows people from other common social media sites and blog spots to view your items.

14. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's nice to know that Pinterest has been rising up. Good to know that it is now one of the Marketing solutions Online.

15. Beth

Beth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As per the research, Pinterest is the third most visited social media site that is rapidly taking over the current marketing scene.It carries some significant value of its own including:
    -It ranks highly in the search engine listing.
    -It helps you in drawing more traffic in viewers for your website. It is different from all the other social media sites.
    -It has a way of rapidly increasing the site's viewership by allowing people from other common social media sites and some blog spots to view the items.

16. swift

swift
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for suggestion.

17. guptaabhijit318

guptaabhijit318
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pinterest is social media site which get popularity in a few days. Only pin to group boards in the same niche. There’s no point trying to pin unrelated things to a group board. You will only get banned and at the very least people will just ignore your pins.

18. Ivana B.

Ivana B.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you use pinterest for marketing, make sure you are providing value, relevant images to pages you are sending traffic to. Also, make sure you are not spamming. But most of all, make sure you are building reputation, and posting daily.

19. dalevarman

dalevarman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pinterest makes use of pin boards to share things such as products, services and events and share photos and images. Pinterest has been fast growing and has new signups happening every day and that will help you draw so much traffic in viewers to your site.

20. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A few tips for using Pinterest:

- first, as for any other platform, use your best keyword or company name as username and optimize your descriptions for search (the descriptions of the page and images), too.
    - the height of the images you're using has to be greater than the width - it seems like it helps in getting more likes and repins.
    - ad price tags, if you're selling products. This can be done by simply mentioning the price in the description by using the currency symbol (ex. £2.59, $4.97 - it doesn't work for euros). The price tag will also place your image in the Gifts section, where everybody can easily find it. I'd like to mention that this feature doesn't work well with the new look of Pinterest (it won't show the price on the corner of the image), but they will probably fix that.
    - when you upload an image from your own computer, make sure that after you did that you go to the image, click Edit and add the link of the webpage you wish to promote, in the Source section.
    - Pinterest is not only about pictures - you can share videos, as well.
    - make your website "pinnable" - use relevant pictures for your content so it can be easily shared.
    - ask for likes and repins
    - connect your Pinterest account with your Twitter account and start following the followers you have on Twitter. Most of them will follow you back and become your Pinterest followers, as well.
    - create a board for every niche you're targeting - some people will not follow your account as a whole, but only the board they are interested in.
    - join relevant group boards and repin your images there.