Importance Of Forums In SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by James12smith, Dec 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James12smith

James12smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everyone,

what is the importance of forum in the SEO? Does it have any effect on the page rank?

Thanks

James

2. anandshah

anandshah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It helps to get backlinks and you can easily get answers of queries on forum.

3. JoanMatilda

JoanMatilda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Forum posting is more useful to get or to drive more traffic to our site and it also increased the backlinks

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

In spite of what epicresearch may think, Forums are not even close to the most powerful backlinking technique. Based on my own personal experience, I also disagree with JoanMatilda that it is useful to get traffic, However, both epicresearch and anandshah are correct when they say a forum is useful for getting an answer to a question. Even there, however, sometimes the answers are not that useful - but then, moderators like myself can often get rid of those.

5. ReviewsThatStick

ReviewsThatStick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion, forums doesn't do much in terms of SEO. Its all about sharing thoughts and ideas from other people and that is what forums is all about.

6. arindamdutta16

arindamdutta16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The forum Postings builds a good reputation on the Internet. And another benefit is that you can put your company information in the Signature field as an anchor text links, in each of your post or answer any questions that you automatically get an inbound link to their websites. And it is also an additional way to share knowledge on line.

7. spyshekhar

spyshekhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

importance of forum in seo is that forum posting provides traffic and back links for your site to improve your rank in search engine result page.

8. Anny87

Anny87
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't know about others,but i consider one of the significant back link from rest of the method.

9. marklee

marklee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From My Point of view Forums are the best resource for getting answer of any question.Because I also ask some question on this forum & get the maximum number of Answers by the Members of this Forum. Just Go Right section and ask your question,get the answer by the experts.

10. anglenasmith

anglenasmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Forum is the most important part of SEO activity because it help us to increase our websites traffic.

#10 anglenasmith, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014
  11. Clarence.Burn

Clarence.Burn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For updated Google guidelines, forum posting is not helping much more to get back links because if you put optimized anchor text in the signature or in the past, there are chances to get negative impact on the ranking. If forum which is passing page rank through dofollow link in post or signature will not help the website or webpage in the positive way but will help in a negative way. But still, the forum helps the most to increase traffic to the site through nofollow attribute.

12. jaysh4922

jaysh4922
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From my point of view forum back links are stronger than any other back links but you have to take care while you choose the website select high page rank website and choose right thread and good quality content to post on that thread, you can also do the forum marketing.

13. Halwits

Halwits
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Generally, forums are less effective after the Google updates in terms of building backlinks and generating website traffic. And also doesn't have any importance left.

Other off-page SEO techniques such as article submission, blog commenting and blog posting are still considered as effective.

14. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You were doing real good until you added that last sentence. Although they may be as effective as they once were, they were really not that effective in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.