Importance Of Being On Time

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by NateAnglin, Mar 24, 2013.

1. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We all know that being on time is a cultural prowess that's been imposed on us all, but for what?

Well, once time is gone it's lost for ever. When we have to wait on people, it's a waste of our time. The time spent waiting around could easily be utilized in a more productive fashion.

Do you have a time issue in your organization?

• Like Like x 2
  2. lynxus

lynxus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Cant say I have any time issues other than people over-running on meeting rooms :) Waiting for them to leave is annoying however as a professional I dont see too many time wasters.

People turn up on time ( to work, to meetings etc )

Most of my time is wasted out of work waiting for friends, general public and at checkout tills :(

• Like Like x 1
  3. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Of course being on time means a lot to businesses especially to business owners. Being on time when it comes to deliverables only means that you can do what is expected of you. People should really learn how to use time management very well. This small things can make you improve in the future. You will know what tasks are taking you too long and you can make some adjustments in your time frame so it can fit well and also be much faster than normal without sacrificing the quality.

4. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Time is important for everyone. If you do some work late that might only affect you but you keep someone waiting then you are wasting their time as well and this is something not many would like.

We all have the same amount of time in a day but how one utilizes it makes all the difference.

5. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's good!!

I understand you frustration about the general public. :-/.

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

I couldn't agree with you more. It get's even harder if you have your time management perfected but then someone your meeting with is late. It unavoidable and can set your entire day back because someone doesn't know the importance of your time.

Thanks for sharing :).

6. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good topic Nate. Time is very important and it has effect in Life, people and Business. Taking too much time to decide in life can put you backwards. If you are waiting for someone who will never return, it's a complete waste. And not being able to plan, take decisions timely in Business can turn over the whole organization.

This is what I have faced many times. So I think rather regretting about it, we should learn from it and never repeat the mistakes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. FaaastCash

FaaastCash
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To improve our organizational skills and increase the productivity, i believe in time management and i use to follow few steps that helps me alot.
    1.Prepare in advance
    2.Schedule the time that reduces stress and releases energy
    3.Start your day early
    4.Improve our organizational skills
    5.Increase Productivity With Prime Time
    6. Define the proper priority and hierarchy.
    7. Avoid useless meetings, gathering and gossips

I hope that the above steps will help you while getting over the time issues in your organization.

• Like Like x 3
  8. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice points there FaaastCash. I liked most of them. I prefer your point number 7 the most.

9. bethw

bethw
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One of the common attributes of all successful people is that they view their time as a precious resource. Being on time indicates that you honor your commitments and you can be trusted.

10. Biz

Biz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with all these. Would like to add, discipline in following schedule is important. Not necessarily too uptight as not to have flexibility, but if having a schedule and not following it much at all (believe me, this happens more often than you think, especially for non mandatory schedules), it's as good as not having one; or worse, as it adds to your sense of failure in time management.

11. clydefreeman

clydefreeman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The importance of being on time is just like a good credit score. Your payment history are on time. Also in terms of work you are able to finish your task before the time and no much pressure.

12. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Being on time is very important to our management team. We expect our techs and staff to report on time for any and all shifts. I personally feel that being on time for your job directly relates to your work ethic. We allow sick days, vacation and have a very upbeat and supportive office culture. Therefore, at the very least, we expect employees to be on time and ready to work.