Importance of a logo

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by graphic designer, Mar 15, 2012.

1. graphic designer

graphic designer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Being a freelance graphic designer I think that one of the most important aspects to any business is having a good logo, business card and letterhead to look more professional.

2. mackey

mackey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I definitely agree to that. Logo is the symbol of a website, it has a great meaning and description of any websites.

3. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In any business, Logo, Business Name, Location, etc are very important, this is the way where customers can identify the business.

4. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

... And making those impressions real when it comes to your business - being professional, credible, integrated and honest.

5. anderson

anderson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A business logo identifies the language of business it is more than a symbol. Logo must look unique as it has been used in different things like letterhead, business card, web site. So make sure it is resourceful.

6. sabrinasabino

sabrinasabino
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do feel there's importance in having a solid logo design especially if you are a graphic designer. But what's important is also a direct way for potential customers to contact you, as well as a good portfolio and customer testimonials.

7. mysandyda

mysandyda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

agree that good logo can help in your business, but it seems to me that after you become famous and well-known it doesnt mean what your logo looks like - it will be popular all the same ;)

8. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is just a first impression for the potential customer to go through or feel like to know more about the company. The most important is still the quality of the service/goods provided, cost, delivery and after sales service

9. gtt

gtt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Having a logo is indeed a great way to show off one's business or company identity.

Very well said and I couldn't agree more.

In addition, I think another best thing is to provide some promos/freebies of our product once in awhile so that we'll have the opportunity to generate repeat orders from existing and past customers.

10. Missnancyalex

Missnancyalex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Logo is typically the first thing a reader may notice before reading the text. Visually appealing logo design creates a deep impression on the mind of a customer. It also helps in the creation of brand identity and people find it easier to recall images than text.

11. AshleyWhiteBusin

AshleyWhiteBusin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are thinking of starting a new business, or have an existing business that might be needing a little marketing push, one of the first things you should consider is establishing an effective business logo. Not just a graphic for your letterhead, an effective business logo can literally create a visual image that represents your core business, your mission, and the nature of your product or service. It is said that a picture paints 1,000 words, and, although a cliche, this saying could not be more true when considering the importance of a quality logo.

12. ilovedesign

ilovedesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A logo creates a first impression to the audience when they see your brand. Your logo has to be appropriate to the type of business you're running. It has to be simple, clean and memorable. It has to be able to communicate to your audience what your business does. However, a logo can only do so much for you. You have to make sure that you still provide good quality products and services.

13. jcworlditsme

jcworlditsme
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Indeed, people remember the logo of something before anything else, a good example being that nearly everyone knows what logo the yellow M letter is.

14. StirItUp

StirItUp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion, the logo says everything you need to know about a company. If a fortune 500 company had a childish logo and was not involved with toys or something like that, I wouldn't be inclined to take them seriously. It's really what catches your eye and makes the company memorable. I bet if I named a bunch of car companies, you could draw all of the logos by memory.

So, I couldn't agree more with your statement. A good logo is essentially a powerful and memorable message to the consumer.

15. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A logo is the fundamental element of a business identity and brand recognition. The logo represents the physical identity of a business. Its not a brand itself but your branding strategy totally depends on logo. Its only the component, that speaks about your products and services and becomes the most significant demonstration within the target market.

16. T Klinkle

T Klinkle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I disagree with everyone here. Design is far too overstressed.

Take a look at two sites for me and look at their basic logos.

And then ad up their value.

Youtube.

Craigslist.

I rest my case.

17. StirItUp

StirItUp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Youtube has changed its look. If it didn't matter, then why would they do that?

Craigslist is popular because there are a ton of freaks and creepos out there

18. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Logo is the main elements for any company.. It's show image of company.. It's also show which products company making.. Logo should be clean, as you can make it simple.Because client or customers identify by your logo... Logo should cover all things like address, location,goodness,style,fashion more attractive.. In short logo is the first impression for any company....

19. sbb9

sbb9
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Interesting that the majority of the posters here agree that a logo is important. It is only in the last few years, relatively speaking, that a shift has taken place with small businesses now able to afford logos and as a result they are now apparently considered essential. I would say that it ultimately depends on your type of business, and you have to remember that although a good logo does help get your business recognised a customer doesn't buy a logo, they buy a good product or service.

20. Gbusiness

Gbusiness
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A logo is major aspect of the business - symbolism , colors, are really powerfull means, that have been used all over history mostly to attract trust, or power for ex....