Image links & Non related sites

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Vfdehfv, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Vfdehfv

Vfdehfv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Everyone.
    If i want to link to non-related sites (loads of them). Would it be detrimental to my site, or will my site just not be effected? I usually use text links from related site, with keywords within the href, but some of these cost money when targetting high PR sites. What i want to do is get tonnes of links from non-related sites (but with a very small image / logo instead). This way, i can get visits regardless of search engines and evidently still have some sort of reliability when it comes to my income.

Any thoughts ............?

2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Text or image links, they are still the same. It will definitely affect your site.
    Using an image instead of a link will not make you safe...

3. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well whatever it is... image or links from websites/mini sites/blogs, if it's not related to your website Google and other search engines will probably notice it. Google includes relevancy in determining the rankings of the website.

4. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Posting something not related to your niche is not good and will surely not appear pleasing to Google.

5. MrPolarZero

MrPolarZero
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just don't know. There had been many arguments regarding this issue. I've also been linking to non-related sites and my SERPS are pretty good. I just target high PR sites, especially those that have PR on the actual page where my link is located.

6. Ken Peterson

Ken Peterson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe themed links are the best links, particularly when looking to the future. However, unrelated links will not harm your site - just make sure you organise them properly in different sections, no more than, say, 20 or 30 links per page and if possible make sure there is plenty of other content on those pages (navigational menus, information about your site, etc.)