I'm puzzled about backlinks

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Dorfy, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Dorfy

Dorfy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm really puzzled about my backlinks and how search engines work out what a backlink is :

Google say I have 0

Bing says I have 4920

Yahoo says I have 2

Does anyone know what is going on here ?

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it will take time and will also depend to the tool you use to check your backlinks. just continue building links and check it after days.

3. DaveB

DaveB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What tool did you use to track your backlinks? Does the tool tell you the source of your backlinks? The Bing number seems almost impossible given the other numbers? Can you elaborate on how yo cam to these statistics and we can probably help more. Also what type of backlink campaigns are you running? The more inforamtion you give the better the community can help

4. Dorfy

Dorfy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I going by a tool called the "Webrank" toolbar it shows page rank from the big three, it doesn't give the source of the backlinks at all.
    My backlink campaign is mainly based around reciprocal links on relevant sites with a higher page rank than mine, on the odd occasion I have used a backlink supplier, but on for small amounts at a time (250-500).

5. Ayen Mahinay

Ayen Mahinay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

very simple buddy. don't worry. the bings collect all links nofollow and dofollows but Google only on prefer dofollow links.

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

There's your problem. I used the SEOBook Toolbar, which says you have 4000 links. The reason Google says you have 0 is because they are reciprocal links. Google does not like reciprocal links, because each link is considered a "vote" for, or "endorsement" of, your site. With a reciprocal link, however, another site is linking to you because you are linking to them. If the majority of your links are reciprocal, there is no way to tell if your site is relevant to a searcher's inquiry, or how popular your site is, therefore, Google doesn't count them.
    I would be interested to know how you rank in each of the Search Engines, to see if there is a relationship between the number of backlinks on each SE, and the rankings of your site.

7. Dorfy

Dorfy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google Backlinks only shows up after a PR update. May I know how old is your site?

9. Dorfy

Dorfy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

April this year launched

10. deannatroupe

deannatroupe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Really? Google only counts one way links? That is news to me.

11. jack123456

jack123456
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I going by a device known as the "Webrank" plugin it reveals pr from the big three, it doesn't provide resource of the inbound hyperlinks at all.
    My back-link promotion is mainly centered around shared hyperlinks on appropriate websites with an improved pr than my own, on the odd situation I have used a back-link company, but on for control at a time (250-500).

12. Addaneye123

Addaneye123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it will take time and will also be dependent to the tool you use to have a look at your inbound hyperlinks. just continue linking and have a look at it after days.