I'm Looking For Some Help(New Business)

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by LittleOne, Nov 23, 2013.

1. LittleOne

LittleOne
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Everyone,

So I was recently medically retired from the military and decided to start my own website while I went to school. Do you all have any advice on:

A) Where to get people to review my website and provide unbiased feedback and suggestions?
    Things Like:
    -What should I do differently
    -Additional content I should include
    -How easy is the website to navigate
    -Your overall opinion of the website

Before I start spending money on marketing I want to make sure it is a quality website and worth promoting... I just don't know where to get that feedback outside of family/friends (who are a little biased)

B) Ideas for my Marketing campaign starting January 2014. Looking for online and offline methods to spread the word.

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

FYI So far my marketing ideas are:

Online:
    Social Media: Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest business accounts
    Google Ads
    Facebook Ads

Offline:
    Back Window Ad on Car
    Flyer Leaflets to all related local businesses
    Flyers(bulletin boards etc)

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You've come to the right place. We can help you with your website but there are a few rules before you can officially request a review. You can find them by going to this thread. Otherwise, if you like, you can PM me the URL of your website and I'll take a look.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Littleone
    You can pm me your site as well! Joeroxx has a lot of expertise and will also be able to give you a lot of web-based help. I can add my perspective from the more general business perspective. There are also a wide range of other members involved in this website and as you start participating in the conversations, adding your input, you will get to know who they are and be able to link up with them. So just start by participating and following Joeroxx's advice!

• Like Like x 2
  4. LittleOne

LittleOne
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've sent both of you the url and if you have ANY suggestions for me I would really appreciate it. This is my first website, and my first attempt at creating my own business and I appreciate any help I can get. Thank you both for your replies.

5. LittleOne

LittleOne
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As far as the website review, I think I would rather wait until I have more videos/content up. I will probably be ready in a month or so, but I'm still a little self conscience about it. But I like that the option is available! I will definitely be doing that once I get closer to completion(December 31st is the goal).

If you guys have any resources or websites that might help me out with building an attractive website, creating highly appealing content, marketing strategies(for when I'm ready to launch) or anything that would help with building my first website I would love to hear about it.

Any and All advice is greatly appreciated.

6. SmallBizAdviser

SmallBizAdviser
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you looked to see what your competition is doing? Have you thought about who your target audience is? Answering both questions will help address what you need to do for marketing and where to do it. Find out what's missing from the competition's marketing strategy and implement it in your own.

For social media, you might also want to look at Google+. Social media's important, so have a social media marketing plan and stick to it.

Also, do you have an eCommerce platform you use for your products? If you want help to make sure your site looks up to speed, check out the articles about marketing an eCommerce business and marketing on eBay, Etsy & Amazon here: www.kabbage.com/guides. All four guides are under "Guides to Marketing." There are some general guides in there that could be applied to non-eCommerce site, as well (including information about photo quality, content marketing, email campaigns and optimizing your site).