I'm back!! Keyword and content suggestions

Discussion in 'Content Marketing' started by An Alien, Sep 14, 2011.

1. An Alien

An Alien
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello BAF.

I'm finally back from vacation and am going to resume my site upgrade project.
    Here's a preview design of the new site:
    http://yourimg.in/m/x1y6ws5.jpg

My current site: http://www.myairportsedan.com/ as you can see is horrible both in looks and the code.

I came up with a few keywords in 5 minutes with the help of google adwords keyword's:
    I know it's a long list of words, but if you guys have anything to add, please post here.

ALSO, by seeing my current site, the site preview, and the keywords, can you guys think of any type of content you as a customer would expect to see on a site offering this type of service? Like what do you guys want to see if you were looking for transportation from an airport. What would you search for. What would you like to see on the website you choose to click in your search, etc. I love to hear suggestions on the design also. It's incomplete as you can see and I am still adding, but before I complete the design, I want you guys to tell me what to add to it.

2. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Trying to target your top keywords locally will help since your business is local. If you put the name of the place in your keywords like "Washington airport transportation" it will help in gaining costumers.

3. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey, long list of keywords you got there. Have check the competition of each keyword?

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I had originally replied to this post before the recent downtime and problems at BAF discussed in this thread. Rather than go through the whole thing again, I will summarize what was in those replies. First, from a visitor's point of view, I see nothing wrong with the old site. The site has to be appealing to the visitors looking to purchase your service. The old site does a better job with this. You had mentioned in a previous reply (now gone) that there were problems with the coding. A professional SEO consultant or firm can fix this during On-page Optimization - a complete re-design is unnecessary.

You've got an extensive list of keywords already. What you need to do now is narrow it down to the best-performing keywords, that will bring you the most buying traffic.

5. An Alien

An Alien
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks joeroxx. I'm starting to understand SEO a little better. I a few more keywords. If you know html and css, you'd know that the site that I have currently is 0 optimized. I would have to go through each line of code and add a <p> tag and <b> tag for important keywords to optimize it. Rather than going through each line of code through that whole site, I've decided to redesign it completely. I started working on a new design right after you said that they other one looked more like a constructions site. Here's what I have so far: View attachment 838

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This one is much better. As I mentioned before, this one is more appealing to people who would actually use your service.
    As far as the coding is concerned, as a sales rep, I do not have the extensive knowledge that one of our coding experts would. However, I am sure someone with the knowledge to do so could have fixed the old site. On the other hand, the new re-design, so far, does look better than the original site.

7. chizcurlz

chizcurlz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with this one. Try to focus first on your top local keywords that have low competition where you can gain high volume of traffic.