If you could only use 1 online method to make money, which would it be?

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by Diane Lane, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most of us who earn money online have learned that it's best to earn through multiple sources, because some fold overnight, and others turn out to be scams. Therefore, we talk a lot about not putting all of our eggs in one basket. However, if you were only able to use one of your online money making avenues, which would it be, and why?

Although any money coming in is good, my one choice would be running my online shops. I enjoy creating items using my hands, and derive satisfaction when people find them attractive enough to pay for them. Working with my hands helps distract me from other concerns, and relaxes me, so being paid to do that is doubly rewarding.

2. Tandy

Tandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well I'm not sure how viably successful, or profitable it would be, but from choice it would be writing articles, I love words and like you, creating things. So out of a pile of words and an interesting story something is created from virtually nothing!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the most profitable way of earning online was buying and selling. If you know what to look out for and what people want, then I wouldn't go as far to say it's easy money, but you can certainly make quite a bit if you put your mind to it.

These days it seems that the market is over saturated and a lot of people are using eBay and other online selling sites, to try and make a quick buck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. alirex

alirex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I prefer to develop my own content based webapplication and use Google adsense , its better and secure. Buying selling need a lot of tactics to implement ..

5. ashutoshkhuana11

ashutoshkhuana11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think If you’ve got a good presence on social media or perhaps you even have a blog or website, you can start Affiliate marketing and bringing money immediately by promoting all sorts of companies, products, services and offers online. There are many website those provides affiliates like Click Bank, Amazon, Share and Sale etc.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In regards to social media, a lot of people use their own Facebook and Twitter pages to earn a little extra income but I'm not sure if I'd be comfortable doing that.

While I have a lot of people on my social media sites, a lot of them are actual friends and family and I'd rather keep the two separate.

Just out of interest, how much can be made from affiliate marketing?

7. Onionman

Onionman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think my preferred approach would be writing, simply from a creative perspective. But that would be combined with having an affiliate program so that the content can be used to leverage different earnings streams. I have no clue what this business would look like but it's certainly an approach that appeals.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also prefer to offer my tour package on my travel guide site where i get to travel as well since I get to drive tourists in my town. Although I don't discuss the history and the places we visit, i get to enjoy watching these tourist enjoy visiting out town.

9. healingforce

healingforce
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It would be something like a hosting provider. I always like to manage servers and users using it, it's something that I would really enjoy doing but as for now there are a really ton of them with really competitive prices for opening a new one. Maybe a cloud service would be really cool like providing something as IaaS or SaaS.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do the same. I have personal accounts with quite a few followers, but I prefer not to market to my family and friends, so I created a Facebook page, blog, and Twitter account specifically for my shops. I use other sites as well, and mix personal and business on some of them, but those are sites where I don't communicate much with friends, such as Pinterest and Instagram.

11. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree, I like the idea of using one or more affiliate programs to bring in additional streams of income. It's only possible to create so much, whether it's products, content, or a combination, and I am considering trying to monetize my blog (or create another that will be monetized) in order to combine my existing businesses with a new approach, since there are products I already use that could be advertised, and others that I would like to use, and if I'm going to be discussing other products, I might as well be paid for it.

12. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've heard a few people talk about how they used to make a lot of money from their blogs but just recently that don't seem to be making anywhere near as much.

I've never had a blog so I was a just wondering from the people that do, why is the money starting to dry up? Is it just because more and more people are doing it or are there other factors?

• Like Like x 1
  13. P.Skinner

P.Skinner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me it would be, without a doubt, ebooks. Ebooks were the first way I made real money online and have been my top earner almost every month for over a decade.

The only reason I do not focus entirely on that aspect is that making a book, be it fiction or non-fiction, takes a sustained period of focused effort. So I like to have other activities that I can do for a few minutes at a time or in front of the TV without really concentrating. Also I am depending quite heavily on Amazon which leaves you at the mercy of whatever change they want to make to their rules this week. So it is always good to diversify.

• Like Like x 1
  14. appleannie123

appleannie123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think if I had a choice to do only one thing on line to make money, it would be to create my own website and make it successful. I would be happy to have a successful on line money making venture where I could focus all of my time and energy on it. I really hate putting in 40 hours still. I know this might be a shock to some people, but I feel like I have put in my time. I feel like the Internet is basically taking over the world and I want to be part of it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The biggest earner for me is microtasking. I couldn't choose between Crowdflower and Microworkers though - they both excel in different areas. Microtasking does require a lot of patience though and whilst the money soon builds up, it isn't always without frustration.

16. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've had a go at them sites in the past and while I agree you can earn from them, I lack patience and I find I easily get bored with some of the tasks required.

At the end of the day though, money is money and I do agree that if you put your mind to it you can earn from them.

17. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's just horses for courses isn't it! And a good job too otherwise we'd all be clamouring for the same work!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Tedel

Tedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

IfI had to choose ONE, selling my own service, hands down.

19. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Oh definitely, what's good for one doesn't necessarily mean it's good for somebody else. I think the key is finding what's best that works for you and sticking to it.

When people are looking for work online, it's all to easy to try anything and everything, just to see if you could earn more doing sonething other than what your doing now at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm so glad that each of us has different skills, abilities and interests. I have a great respect for so many people I converse with on these forums, and I always find it interesting to see the types of work people gravitate to, because it tells me a lot about them, and how we are similar in some ways, yet so different in others. You're totally correct, it's great that we can discuss opportunities, while not all competing for the same limited positions.