If mobile wallet is future buying trend, what is the business opportunity?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by altcom, Nov 20, 2012.

1. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you think Apple Passbook and Google Wallet are the merchant to replace existing buying trend? If yes, what is the business opportunity?

2. MoneyTrack

MoneyTrack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I knew I'd be trying to get rich off of it! With financial matters it's difficult to compete with trusted and stable brands such as Apple and Google. I'm sure there are some good ideas out there but I can't think of any. Sorry.

Let me know what you come up with.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

To be honest, I haven't used or heard very much about Apple Passbook or Google Wallet. I just signed up for Google Wallet after reading your post and was surprised that Google Wallet already had my credit card details. They probably got them from my Adwords account, just another example of how much Google knows about us.

As for the moment I'm more comfortable paying with PayPal online and by credit card in retail stores. I have been using them for years without any security problems. Google Wallet seems to involve having a lot of financial security data in your Google account and on your mobile and personally I would be a little concerned about the risk of financial loss if I were to lose my phone or if someone hacked into my Gmail account. Not sure if those are concerns shared by others or not?

4. MoneyTrack

MoneyTrack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Scary that they ALREADY had your credit card info.

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

maybe in future, both of the Apple Passbook and Google Wallet is still new, personally i dont use either Apple Passbook or Google Wallet

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I did some AdWords advertising a few years ago, I can only presume they got my credit card details from when I paid for that. But I was quite surprised to see that they had them for a service that I had never used or signed into in the past.

7. dgeneschi

dgeneschi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe not a very creative opportunity but a definite one: become the authoritative consultant on integrations with these services. If big brands will be endeavoring to integrate, then if you can manage this you'll likely land good consulting work.

8. 2misi.com

2misi.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If there is a business opportunity that can be made possible, it has to be an online business. But, I guess not everyone likes to online shop/via mobile.
    On the other hand, those who are busy with work, choose to online shop.