If i make my own e-mail server can i send bulk e-mail?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by strawberry, May 6, 2013.

1. strawberry

strawberry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey, I am working for a little company and we have fallen into the fad of "e-mail campaign" or what we call Junk mail. Far the company has collected a subscriber list from our website, and paid a great portion of change for an email program. The issue is, our list has near three thousand individuals on it and even growing. with gmail only allowing 100 emails for every account through on SMTP and I am on a tight budget so I cant employ anyone else. I was considering doing a specialized e-mail server off of the website server we have running in the workplace. Is that possible? to make e-mails on your very own server, then deliver it with your own SMTP? if it is, what software would I need and can I find anylow cost or free of cost a minimum of. We run a WAMP server, i set it up simply for information, but i can switch it to lamp or whatever if requirement be. Thanks a lot!

2. HiteshMistry

HiteshMistry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

What your asking to do is possible and your right you could buy additional software and host it on your server. The issue with such software is that there is much more setup required then people think. For example email marketing companies have to form relationships with email clients to ensure mail is received and not junked, and then on a technical point, 90% of the email campaign software you can purchase will only run over one IP, increasing the chances of that IP eventually being blacklisted - meaning emails end up not being received.

The other thing to bear in mind, is the laws involved when sending what you class already as junk mail. For example ensuring the company address is located on the email is a must, and providing a clear and automated unsubscribe link. Something else also to consider is the link between “spam emails” and the effect potentially it could have on your websites listing in Google. Contained in every email header is normally a traceable route back to your server and ultimately website, and whilst there is little written evidence to prove that Google considers this when ranking a website, please bear in mind it probably isn’t far off.

Something else, which I hope helps… but I worry when you say “what we call junk mail”, I’ve got to be honest and say if you consider any campaign to be SPAMMY before sending it, just don’t send it. I’ve seen companies who have thought email marketing is the golden path to success and failed by bombarding customers with emails. Whilst it can be a golden path, it will only ever be that by sending time creating email campaigns that have a worth and aren’t to sales orientated. For example the most popular campaign if you have a physical product is to simply remind your customer of the for coming bank holiday weekend and to order today to receive said order before the bank holiday.

Your probably wondering why I know some of this and the simple answer is that I am currently helping to run a Email Marketing company ( You can find it by searching for emailergo in Google if interested ). Just to let you know we are currently look for beta testers for a new version of our software – we are looking to release soon. Please feel free to contact me on 01904 789810.

All the best with finding a solution.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ronei Daselva

Ronei Daselva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have your own server you still not able to send bulk email. Its depend on govt now how many mails or message you can send at a time. The rules has been changed. Few years ago marketing company can do that but now all has been banned.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Is that a local law in Georgia or federal? As far as I know, Texas does not have such a law, and I was not aware of a Federal law governing the number of emails that can be sent, although some service providers do limit them. Can you provide a link to more information?

5. watshelly

watshelly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can check out professional email marketing solutions,because you already have a huge email list and it is still growing. It not only can maximize your delivery rate, but also can offer you a comprehensive report about how you email campaign performed. Here is an tutorial about how to do email marketing. emailmarketing.comm100.com/email-marketing-tutorial

6. nilson

nilson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I wiish to create my own mail server can I deliver a bulk mail thru it?

Our list has close to 4,000 individuals on it and growing. Gmail only allowing 100 e-mails for every account with on SMTP and I'm on a tight budget so I cant work with anybody else. I was thinking of doing a dedicated e-mail server off of the website server I which is already running. Can it be possible? to make emails on your very own server, then deliver it through your own SMTP? if it is, what software would I need and can I find anycost-free or affordable?. We run a WAMP server, i set it up simply for information, but i could change it to lamp or whatever if demand be. Thank you for your time and your answers!

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

[Similar threads merged!]