If i get an immigrant visa could i get a study loan from any bank at US?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by petmeadow, May 2, 2011.

1. petmeadow

petmeadow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm going to be 18 years old after two months, and i will apply for DV Lottery 2012.
    I want to study, work and live in USA and become a citizen.
    and im thinking of getting a study loan after i get an immigrant visa if i won,
    if soo, what is the requirement for getting a loan & details.Car loan????
    I tried getting a loan with my bank but they denied my due to my credit being bad....does anyone know where i could go to get a loan for a car....i also want to buy my car from a auction i dont know if that makes a difference????

... is there usually some stipulation that you can't use a personal loan for a car? What sort of collateral do you usually need for a personal loan? If you have good credit, can you get one w/out collateral? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It will be extremely difficult to get a loan when you have just moved to a new country. It will be all the more difficult if you have a bad credit rating. Why do you feel the need to purchase a car at this time? Would it not be possible for you to complete your studies without owning a car? Perhaps you can find a place to stay close to the college so that you won't need a car to get there.

I've never heard that before, in fact car purchases are one of the most common uses of personal loans.

In Ireland most personal loans were given out without collateral, however, it will probably depend on who you are applying to for the loan. Obviously it will be more difficult for you to get a loan if you have bad credit.

[Similar post and threads merged!]

3. petmeadow

petmeadow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks
    petmeadow