If I build it, will they come?

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by bryanblake, Jan 20, 2014.

1. bryanblake

bryanblake
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been taking the time to evaluate my financial goals on various levels. Part of my plan moving into the future will include building web based businesses. My plan is to build 1 or 2 solid business models that focus on providing services on one site, and products on the second. I also intend to invest a percentage of the profits I earn from these websites on micro niche sites. These will be sites that earn $100 or $200 a month, but won't require a large amount of resources to maintain.

I am in the process of doing the research for the niche sites, but I believe I know what my primary website businesses will be. Before I invest my money and launch my business, I want to develop a clearly defined plan for accomplishing the goal I have for each of these websites. This leads me to the point where I am developing a marketing strategy for the websites. I don't want to use PPC and I am willing to put off profits for a few months in order to build a solid foundation that drives traffic long term.

I obviously began doing my research into SEO and the proper techniques for getting ranked in the search engines. I found myself on Wikipedia at one point and I found this page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine_optimization. It provides a great history of search engine ranking which could have passed as a dissertation for someone in college. It does cover various techniques that can be used in order to improve how a website ranks.

I also found a number of services and websites that offer services for ranking in the search engines. I looked at a significant number of different programs available and came across one that I really enjoyed. It is called Supremacy SEO and can be found at http://supremacyseo.com/. Do any of you have any experience with this company? Are they capable of doing what they claim without getting me banned from Google?

So here is where you guys come in. Have any of you ever used a company like this before? I believe that providing useful, valuable, and quality content is essential for my success. How much should I outsource for my content, and how much should I write myself? Are there things related to SEO that I should be doing myself and not outsourcing, as well?

2. Sean_DeSilva

Sean_DeSilva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

what about this SEO company stood out to you? it looks like any other Seo service to me.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I took a look at SupremacySEO, and basedon what he says he does, his prices are way too low. He also has a CustomSEO program that starts at $6000 per month. That's way too high for what most clients would nedd, although larger clients, or clients in highly competitive niches can spend that much. I also checked out some of the "Testimonials" on his home page, and found that he got a client highly ranked for phrase that are related to playing the guitar, when the client's website has nothing to do with playing the guitar. Two others currently have no rankings at all, and one is ranked for a URL for a site that has nothing to do with their business.

4. TravisJamison

TravisJamison
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Guys,
    I'm the owner of SupremacySEO. I was just looking through my analytics when I saw traffic from this post. Truthfully, this post is quite simply from a link builder that I hired. We were testing out "quality" forum posting. The results are so-so obviously.

As for your responses from above.
    1) The prices for the product are low. This is on purpose. We don't make any profit upfront for the first couple of months, because our business model aims to get results first, and then make our profit in the long run. This service is productized and systematized so the overhead is low and it doesn't require my direct time.

2) The customized service is very expensive because it requires my direct time input. Actually you can't even hire me right now personally at all. I own 5 other businesses so my personal time input is incredibly valuable. The idea is that I don't want people looking for my direct input unless they are VC funded or something else equally exciting.

3) @Joeroxx. Those sites on the testimonials are not the actual websites that I ranked for them (you should never share those publicly). The sites listed are the mother sites for their brands. For example the "playing the guitar" website that you mentioned is TropicalMBA, a very successful podcast itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tropical-mba-entrepreneurship/id325757845. That is NOT the eCommerce site that my business helped them with. All of the rest are the same obviously.

Anyway, off to make changes to my linkbuilders forum posting plan.

Cheers

5. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with joeroxx he had given the best answer for your question.

6. TravisJamison

TravisJamison
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Guys,
    I'm the owner of Supremacy SEO.
    This thread is actually just an experiment from one of my linkbuilders to build quality links that might bring in traffic. It looks like it's working because I found it by looking at incoming clickthroughs in my analytics.

Anyway, as for @JoeRoxx 's comments. Our prices are low. We do this on purpose. We don't make any money at all the first couple of months, as we would rather get clients results first and then make our money back in the long run. This setup is working well for the company.
    As for the "Custom SEO Program". It's overly expensive on purpose. I own 5 separate businesses, so my time is incredibly valuable. Performing customized SEO requires my direct input, as it can not be systemitized and processed out to employees like the High PR Solution can be. Because of this we leave the customized SEO options for large established businesses, and some VC funded companies with cash to spare. As of this writing it's literally not even possible to hire me personally, as my time is just too valuable with too many other projects.

Last but not least... the "clients" that you mentioned from my homepage. These are obviously not the actual sites that I ranked for them. You never publicly display SEO clients as that is putting a target on their head. The sites listed on the homepage are the parent companies of the sites that we ranked. For example the first guy that you see is the owner of the TropicalMBA and the Lifestyle Business Podcast, but the site that we ranked for them is a manufacturing business. I can't post links because of my new account, but you can simply Google it.

Cheers Everyone!